Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The M button and the source button don't work, when i try to switch the audio source on the screen it does change but after like 10-20 seconds. And it won't let me change to FM. Either way, even if the source changes there is no sound.

I did a reset of the sound system, still problem persists.

I also checked Fuse 79 in the fuse panel, seems to be good.

Any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Not my forte, but I would look at the switch behind the button. The 'hesitation' of the control may be caused by 'noise' on the control line. The part that does the switch of inputs may be 'listening' for the signal, hi/lo/pulses/what-evers, on the control line, and instead of getting a clear HI/LO/dah-dit-dot-doo, it gets a mumbled control signal and mulls it over before deciding it thinks it got a SWITCH to something and plops it on the screen.
A used control panel with 4" screen is about $65-120 ish. That with satellite is ~$90. Too many options for the actual radio/cd/mp3 part.
I do not know if you have local repair shops, but a shop or a used unit would be my suggestions. If you want to poke around, remove it and take off the accessible covers, look for goo in the controls(if someone uses hand lotion, it can somehow get behind the button and goo things up). You can use spray cleaners to clean switches if that's the case. If you clean, you also should lubricate any slide type switches.
If this happened all-of-a-sudden instead of creeping up slowly, odds are it is not a cleaning problem, but a component failure... Maybe check with some audiophile sites, such as AVSforum dot com or badcaps dot net ...
tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts