1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cool. I really like what they did to the '10 model. It seems like they fixed all the complaints from the 1st gen: clear tail lights, etc. I haven't received my new MT issue yet. Can't wait to read it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
It makes sense that the local municipality is testing one for a cop car...now MT COT!

I dunno, MT usually just picks the newest car, not a make over/updated (around here we call it a Tech-Refresh ;) ) like this years Fusion. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'm surprised myself, but after driving a 2010 Fusion after owning an older one, it really does seem like a totally new car.

The situation here is that Ford hit a home run with the first Fusion. The Fusion's original design was so good that it will easily last through the next four years without looking stale. This "refresh" was much more than just a refresh.

How many other competing cars offer four engines, four transmissions (including a six-speed manual with the 2.5L four), SYNC, 911 assist, and an all-wheel-drive option?

Answer: none.

:D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jpark said:
. This "refresh" was much more than just a refresh.
How many other competing cars offer four engines, four transmissions (including a six-speed manual with the 2.5L four), SYNC, 911 assist, and an all-wheel-drive option?

Answer: none.

:D
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Good point, especially about the engine options and tranny options on top of that. Most offer one four cylinder and one six cylinder. In some cases only an auto box, or an autobox and one with gears (usually a five speed).

Nevermind the Hybrid version that totally outclasses the others. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The 3.5 is a phenomenal engine. I have that drivetrain in my Edge, and I can only imagine what it would be like in a Fusion, with much less weight to push around.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
My youngest daughter ended up getting a 2010 Fusion with the 6 speed manual and 4 cylinder engine. She called me to tell me she was getting 47 mpg. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think it was instantaneous mpg because she did not get the Fusion Hybrid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.