Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... rankings/1

The news just keeps getting better for Ford.

"Ford has been improving steadily and has 12 models in the top three in their categories this year, more than any maker."

1. Porsche
2. Acura
3. Mercedes-Benz
4. Lexus
5. Ford
6. Honda
7. Hyundai
8. Lincoln
9. Infiniti
10. Volvo
11. Ram
12. Audi
13. Cadillac
14. Chevrolet
15. Nissan
16. BMW
17. Mercury
18. Buick
19. Mazda
20. Scion
21. Toyota
22. Subaru
23. Chrysler
24. Suzuki
25. GMC
26. Kia
27. Jeep
28. Dodge
29. Jaguar
30. Mini
31. Volkswagen
32. Mitsubishi
33. Land Rover

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
:yahoo:

·
Registered
36 Posts
How can they rank Ford 5th, yet Mercury comes in at 17th place? I know - as a brand it's going away, but I still have one sitting in my garage!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I'm suprised Mercedes is so high. I know guys with older early 2000 model ones and they break (expensively) alot.

In that article, the Lexus GX 460 "ranked No. 1 in [it's] respective segment." Didn't they breifly stop selling those due to rollover issues? :doh:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Ajax said:
I'm surprised Mercedes is so high. I know guys with older early 2000 model ones and they break (expensively) alot.
Me too. I know people who had new M-B's and had tons of issues. I've seen fairly recent opinion polls that rank them very low in quality. In 2006-07, M-B got upset with Consumer Reports because their quality rating was so low.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Land Rover dead last, I heard they were bad but that's very bad. It's a shame too, they look great but wouldn't pay money for one, heard all you do is fix them. I mean when a $50k new vehicle can be had used for under $5k with 100k or so miles on it, something isn't right.

Really though I can believe Ford has good quality just by looking at my Escape, almost 10 years old, been driven rough sometimes, 3 major collisions, and still looks and drives new. :D That isn't to mention the rest of the Ford's in my family, one of my Dad's Ford trucks has over 340k miles and still being driven every day.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My family has always had a Ford, they have always had some innovative designs like the Ford Winsdstar, anyone remeber when that came out? How it came with a lot of features and top notch safety ratings? Then all the other companies copied the Windstar's success in subsequent years. About the ONLY thing that dissapoints me about Ford is that their European division seems to get a lot of the better toys.... :rant: ...like the :drool: Ford Focus RS :drool: with its 350hp 5 cylinder turbo charged awsomeness...... :drool: But :topic: yea....Ford is great :) I dont care what anyone else says about Ford, I buy from them because I have had good experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No surprise to me about the Ford rating, or the M-B. I've owned both and wouldn't buy another German built car if I were paid to do so. I've had more than a couple, and all of them were "Hanger Queens". None of them were cheap to buy and none were cheap to keep. :spank:

·
Registered
574 Posts
My first Ford in nearly 15 years and so far so good, but it does have those stereotypical domestic car issues - uneven panel gaps in places, trim gaps, etc. But that is minor compared to th transmission and power steering issues on my old Odyssey.

That being said, our 2007 M-B B200 has been bulletproof (knock wood). Service/parts costs are higher than average, but not brutal by any means, but since its only in once a year it actually works out as cheaper than the Odyssey. Front brake pads and rotors ran me $300 which is comparable to other makes, at least around here. The only issue with the B Class is because it isn't sold stateside there are virtually no aftermarket parts available for a good price (shipping them from Europe kills any price savings over OE).

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I never even heard of a B class, is it a compact?

·
Registered
574 Posts
It is a tall MPV 5 door hatch type vehicle. In Canada it is priced about the same as an Accord/Camry although it is a 5 door hatch. MB USA refused to import it saying it would devalue the brand. Looks small on the outside but absolutely massive on the inside - they are often called "The Tardis" (after Doctor Who's method of transport)

About 1/2 of all MBs sold in Canada are B200 or B200 Turbo models - and we plan on upgrading to a C Class or new AMG B Class in 2012 next - and we never would have entered an MB showroom if it weren't for the B200. . Basically it's only real competitor is the Mazda 5, and maybe the Kia Rondo but I don't reckon people cross shop Benzes and Kias. It delivers fantastic fuel economy, reasonable running costs....and it has the star on the front for the Snob factor!!

I absolutely love it....almost as much as my Escape.

http://www.autonet.ca/autos/search/test ... 60541.html

·
Registered
324 Posts
kmoose said:
MB USA refused to import it saying it would devalue the brand.
I find that hilarious how greedy MB USA is. In the US MB and BMW are "Luxury" cars for the elite, yet in Europe....its just another domestic car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts