Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
SWEET! Rangers need to make a come back in the US. After the Toyoya Tacoma got a massive face lift. The Ranger was kinda left behind. I LOVE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah, Rangers haven't had a large facelift since the mid-90's. I think the S-10/Colorado and Durango have received 2 in that time frame.

Those Tacomas are real nice though.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Is that like a midsize rig or the size of the Sport Trac?
I wonder if it's solid axle or struts. I also think it is friggen saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet looking.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Aussie/SE Asian Ranger. Built in Thailand or Cambodia, isn't it?

It is reportedly not the new Ranger we are slatted to have built in Louisville, KY starting next year. I have yet to see a test mule of the new Ranger...but it is supposed to be coming. And supposed to be all new everything! Yeah! Current one is a bit long of tooth...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That looks pretty cool, personally I think it might be a tad overdone in some areas, but pretty sweet overall. I hate that thing on the back glass area though, it makes it look like a Ridgeline or Avalanche, and I can't stand those.

I like Rangers but I can't fit into them, sat in a few newer ones and not enough leg room. Maybe the new model will be a little bigger inside.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Pretty nice. I agree with Airmapper, get rid of all the plastic in back. And one gripe I have is that those truck beds are worthless for hauling most stuff for home improvement projects and such.

·
Registered
293 Posts
jonas1022 said:
It is reportedly not the new Ranger we are slatted to have built in Louisville, KY starting next year.
Actually the new Ranger will not be built in Louisville. That plant is getting the Kuga(UK version) which they are getting ready to start building in a couple weeks. No telling where they will be building 2011 Rangers, as they are in the process of closing the Twin Cities plant where they've been made since 95.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Looks kinda like a cross between the Ford Explorer Sport-Trac and the Nissan Frontier Crew Cab to me. The overall shape isn't bad looking but for me it's a little busy with the side vent, step bumper, rails on the roof and the bed and the fake cab extension Airmapper was talking about...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Your right Robt! Ford has dabbled with the side vent thingy on a couple of cars and trucks. It seems okay to me on a big fender like the Super Duty trucks, but on the Focus with the little fender it does seem busy and out of place. Then again, to my eyes, all the cars that have the vent look a little less cool.

Notice to Ford Motor Company Design Staff:

Just say "No" to the side vents. :angel:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Jeff M said:
jonas1022 said:
It is reportedly not the new Ranger we are slatted to have built in Louisville, KY starting next year.
Actually the new Ranger will not be built in Louisville. That plant is getting the Kuga(UK version) which they are getting ready to start building in a couple weeks. No telling where they will be building 2011 Rangers, as they are in the process of closing the Twin Cities plant where they've been made since 95.
Interesting. The Ford Forums have the build going on at Louisville. Not the little (F-150) truck plant though, at what used to be the Big truck plant. And I thought they only had one there, but I have been told that Ford has several facilities in Louisville. One is supposedly undergoing renovation. :confused: I don't know :shrug: . I don't live there. Just passing on some apparent heresay... :bag:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm from there, and have 3 friends that work at the Kentucky Truck Plant. They build F-250,350,450's, Expedition, and Navigator's out there. The Louisville Assembly Plant is the one going under renovation since they've been building Explorer's and are now going to build the UK version of the KUGA. :beer:

·
Registered
324 Posts
The Kuga is their SUVish looking vehicle right? If thats so are they building it for the US or the UK?

Also :topic:

I like that look...sorta....but to me, seeing a truck with "car" tires looks odd, every time I imagine a Ranger I think of a large sidewall tire like what my friend used to have on his and his was sweeet

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
What would you call that colour? I call it "burnt orange" but people yell at me. :mad:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts