Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a phone call today of the Ford salesman, informing me that sales of the new Kuga has been halted, and those that have been sold have been recalled back to the dealership, and the owners have been offered full refunds.
He was a bit vague about details, just said that a serious fault has been found with those already produced, and they are working on rectifying the fault.

So much for the new Ford 4X4 :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did appear on the Ford GB website, but has now been removed ?????????
Apparently it is some thing to do with the pipework on the Diesel engined version, and that when subjected to stop / start driving, the engines emit more emissions than allowed under European regulations but all have been recalled just to make sure.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Wonderful. I doubt that it would pass the emissions testing here anyway. And diesel is getting to be priced off the market. There is very little incentive to buy one now and save a few bucks over the life of the vehicle. :(

BTW, I just drove a 2.3L gasoline powered Mariner with the autobox today. Very underwhelming in performance. I am anxiously awaiting the newer 2.5L four banger. It's another Mazda design, and spunky in small cars :) . But very ill suited to use in the little truck. I wouldn't want to try and pull anything with that engine and tranny. :(

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Hey Camus, are they selling them again?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Ford is advertising them, and accepting orders for them, but there is approx 3 months waiting time before the new owner physically drives it off the garage forecourt..
I live, and work near 5 different Ford dealerships, only 1 has a Kuga on display, indeed none of them have any brochures in stock for it, :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Figures, we don't see many brouchures around the dealerships any longer. They seem to be relying on the internet for acquisition sales. They are probably correct. Younger folks are buying cars in droves, with what I don't know. It is they that are using the internet for information and have thier minds made up before heading out to a dealer nowadays. :shrug: :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts