Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...as well as a factory blind-spot mirror, blind-spot information system with cross-traffic alert, and a possible lane-departure warning system.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
How come it was an Escape that had the lane departure system?????

Those are neat features that will improve safety.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Ford is really coming up with some good ideas lately. Hopefully most of them will actually hit the dealerships.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Given a choice, I would not buy a car with factory equipped blind spot mirrors. It makes the normal mirror smaller, and I have no use for the little convex mirror because I have no blind spot to begin with. I do like the indicator light in place of the convex mirror.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i could have sued the sway indicator today when i dropped my smokes on the floor and was digging around for them HAHA

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
I always buy and install those blind spot mirrors. And yes, I have my mirrors properly adjusted. I just like the added safety is all. Squishy is right, they do make the mirror smaller. But I've used them for so long I got used to it. I couldn't bring myself to put them on my Mustang though. That just didn't seem right,ya know?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since Muth has decided not to manufacture signal mirrors for the Edge or for the Fusion, I'm thinking of buying their stick-on wide-angle signal mirrors.

Under protest.

:cuss:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
weebee said:
I always buy and install those blind spot mirrors. And yes, I have my mirrors properly adjusted. I just like the added safety is all. Squishy is right, they do make the mirror smaller. But I've used them for so long I got used to it.
Same here. :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I think those are an excellent idea...I think the only thing I would need is the collission warning.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
jpark said:
Since Muth has decided not to manufacture signal mirrors for the Edge or for the Fusion, I'm thinking of buying their stick-on wide-angle signal mirrors.

Under protest.

:cuss:
Come on, JP. Are you saying that you can't make your own signal mirrors? Cut some glass to size, stick on some LEDs, and pour tin all over the back. :D

Scooter Scott said:
I think those are an excellent idea...I think the only thing I would need is the collission warning.
I have a napkin somewhere that has my ideas on collision warning AND that pop-out hydraulic bumper Mercedes has, which popped into my head when cars came out with backup sensors. Once I find that napkin, someone owes me bajillions of dollars! :mad:

My latest idea is a ram-air system for door seals. One or two air scoops in the front of the car feed air through the core of the rubber door seals, pressurizing them so that wind noise and road noise do not get worse as the car (and the rubber) ages. Pressure will increase with speed, which is good because noise levels also increase with speed. The added expense will probably make this a luxury option, but whichever Ford engineer brings this to the table will have their dog kicked. ;-|

1 - 12 of 12 Posts