Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased our '09 Escape about 2 weeks ago and I'm thinking of purchasing Ford's Premium extended warranty. I got great prices from fordwarrantys.com and they were much lower than my dealer's "cost". And that was before the additional $185 discount that you get when you sign up and receive the promo email from fordwarrantys.com. I'm considering the $50 or $100 deductible plans.

Does anyone have experience using Ford's Premium extended warranty? I've read the horror stories with extended warranty companies doing everything they can not to pay a claim. I've never had an extended warranty but to me Ford's 36,000 mile bumper to bumper coverage is a little low.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was planning on trying to get my local dealer to match the price of myfordwarranty.com
they had the lowest quote that I've found. My sister and parents have ESPs on their Fords but have never needed to use it. I guess its more just peace of mind.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i got the 4yr 120,000km plan from ford.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i got a an estimate from fordwarrantys.com ( the best price online for ESP ford motor) and took it to my dealer and he beat it by $90 ,premium care (the highest plan w/$100 Ded.) with rental. buy your warranty from your dealer ,they will not turn you a way ,they know the on-line warranty have a better price .

good luck

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GenX said:
i got a an estimate from fordwarrantys.com ( the best price online for ESP ford motor) and took it to my dealer and he beat it by $90 ,premium care (the highest plan w/$100 Ded.) with rental. buy your warranty from your dealer ,they will not turn you a way ,they know the on-line warranty have a better price .

good luck
GenX, did your dealer beat fordwarrantys.com by $90, including fordwarrantys $185 email purchase incentive?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
yes he did , he discounted the dealer price almost $300 to beat the on-line price.
if he doesn't do it , he is an idiot . drive to the next dealer and he will give you that price. it's pure profit for the dealer .

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called my dealer today and spoke with the finance rep about contract pricing. I told him the fordwarrantys.com price, and he said it was below their cost. He said he could match it, but no better. Since he wasn't making any money on it, he said for me to buy from fordwarrantys if I would prefer.

I actually preferred to buy it from fordwarrantys because of my dealer's original misleading story about selling the contract to me at cost. I found they did the same thing to me regading parts. They gave me "cost" on a few parts, then I pressed a little further, then he gave me better prices.

So today I bought the Premium 60/60,000 plan from fordwarrantys.com (Lombard Ford, Conneticut). I also spoke with them and the rep was very helpful. So far thumbs up on fordwarrantys.com.

Dave

·
Registered
333 Posts
Fords regular warranties are far too short...had some bad experiences with one dealership regarding warranty work, and luckily another one gave me less hassle, and didn't ruin my overall experiences with the Brand. It's not the vehicles thermselves that people have come to hate, it's the poor customer service at some dealerships, and overall that give them a bad rep.

Like the sound of what some of you have done with your warranties, and if I had know this was available (not sure though, as my truck was pre-owned) when I purchased, I would have pursued the matter more thoroughly.

L8tz

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DaveJ said:
I called my dealer today and spoke with the finance rep about contract pricing. I told him the fordwarrantys.com price, and he said it was below their cost. He said he could match it, but no better. Since he wasn't making any money on it, he said for me to buy from fordwarrantys if I would prefer.

I actually preferred to buy it from fordwarrantys because of my dealer's original misleading story about selling the contract to me at cost. I found they did the same thing to me regading parts. They gave me "cost" on a few parts, then I pressed a little further, then he gave me better prices.

So today I bought the Premium 60/60,000 plan from fordwarrantys.com (Lombard Ford, Conneticut). I also spoke with them and the rep was very helpful. So far thumbs up on fordwarrantys.com.

Dave
Following up on my post, I had very good experience with fordwarrantys.com and would recommend them for extended warranties. After placing the order online, I quickly received email confirmation of my order and it stated I would receive the contract paperwork in less than 14 days. I received it on the 12 day. Everything went smooth and no hassles!

·
Registered
63 Posts
what did you get ? and how much was it? what is your deduction? do you have rental ? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GenX said:
what did you get ? and how much was it? what is your deduction? do you have rental ? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Ford Premium plan, $0 deductible, 5 year/60K miles, no first day and no enhanced rental. Cost was $730 including the $185 promo email sent out by fordwarrantys.com (once you give them your email address they'll quickly send you a email with a discount code that's good for a few weeks). Their rep said the promo amount varies but generally is always around $185).

My dealer would only match this price, and really wasn't interested in this business because he said it was below their cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts