Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've read the most popular consumer magazine lately, you know that Ford has cracked the top three in quality and reliability ratings (behind only Honda and Toyota), and it looks like they're getting serious about aiming even higher.

http://www.ford.com/about-ford/news-ann ... gy-a-27948

:clap:

Whatever they're doing, we're on three straight Fords with zero problems, and three more before 2002 with only two minor problems in all.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I am proof of the nasty 1% of people that have problems. Other than needing a new Tranny no problems here! :/:/

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ford did a fine job with their first-ever hybrid.

I was a bit concerned about buying one of the first (putting a deposit down and pre-ordering two months before Ford even started manufacturing them in August 2004), and I kept my fingers crossed as ours arrived in October 2004 that all would be OK. There were so many new items from a conventional Escape that could develop problems:
- electric motor(s)
- battery pack
- electronic CVT (PowerSplit Device)
- electronic power steering
- etc.

Thankfully, after almost 70,000 km (and approaching 4 years of steady driving this fall), we have few problems to report. A couple of leaking rear shock absorbers during the first year, then the recent battery strap recall. All taken care of promptly by our dealer.

:clap:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...not to mention that the first Escape Hybrids were also part of the first year of what could be called the Escape's second generation (2005-2007), since much of the front structure was redesigned for better offset crash results, the spare tire was relocated and the rear floor pan was redesigned, the tranmission controls were moved, and the entire electrical system was redesigned.

My '05 was built on the first or second day of production for the entire '05 line, and the only problem it ever had was the liftgate latch recall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
CR's info is almost always old. Until October, they'll be reporting results from a survey conducted in the spring of 2007.

Partly for this reason, I started collecting reliability data a couple of years ago. With more frequent updates, we've been able to report some Ford improvements ahead of anyone else.

Unfortunately, participation by Escape owners has been much lower than that for some other Fords (and the Japanese competition, for that matter). But a couple of model years will finally be included in the May set of results.

For other years, we're still short. To help get your model year included:

Vehicle reliability research

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Welcome to the City mkaresh!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks.

Just learned of you guys through a post over at BON. It's good to see another forum for the Escape. Domestic models need a stronger online presence.

Now if I could just stop hitting the "save" button when I want "submit"...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
A lot of people have trouble with that pesky Save button. I think JP is going to move it soon.

We're glad you're here. There should be plenty of fodder for your research with Escapes. :thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd like to post links to this forum from my site. Probably won't give you much of a boost, but I'd like to do what I can. I assume JP is the person to contact, so I'll shoot him a PM.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Thanks for following us over here! I am almost certain JP won't mind you posting the link on your site. I know I am registered on your site but have been the bad members that hasn't posted any of my info :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
In your defense, the 2007 is one of the years not yet included in the main reliability survey. Still need more owners to even get started with that year.

There are a couple of on-site surveys with no minimum sample size, but I haven't pushed members to participate in those.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Did you change your site at all? I tried logging in and it didn't recognize my e-mail addy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you also use your member number to log in? Or did you try to use your email address to obtain your member number, and that failed?

I do delete addresses if email sent to them bounces three months in a row.

Other than that, you should still be in there. The hardest part for some people is remembering which address they signed up with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The best thing to do is probably use the contact form at the bottom of the page to send me your email address so I can see what is happening.

If by "failed" you mean that no email showed up in your inbox, that could be because of an overactive spam/bulk filter. If you have a bulk or spam folder, check there. We send no spam, but we do send a high volume of email since there are about 22,000 members. Some email services automatically read this volume as spam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts