Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm like serisouly stoked now...I know that I've been asking around on here about small amps, and ease of installation, etc, and I think I've found an AWESOME solution for not just myself, but for other members on this forum too!

Observe:

http://www.blaupunkt.com/us/amplifiers_110.asp

The THA275PnP is TINY! (6.69"W x 6.25"L x 1.61" H) It's around the same size as the factory amp, runs 190W RMS @ 4 ohms in mono, and is capable of upto a peak of 400W @ 4 ohms mono...that's more than enough to safely drive a new single 8" in the stock MACH subwoofer enclosure...

The other amps in the series are pretty small too, but I would say that the absolute BEST feature of these amps, is that they can be purchased with an additional OEM stereo interface...They make one for the 01-06 Escapes! This means that you can utilize the OEM Subwoofer wire harness from the stock HU...it's plug-n'-play without any additional wiring from the stock stereo to the amp...

Check it out:

http://www.blaupunkt.com/de/download/Pn ... 250407.pdf

I will seriously consider this option before any others I think...just need an 8" (perhaps JBL or Infinity) to run off of it...

Hope this gives people another option!

L8tz

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, for fear of people having ZERO interest in this, I should have mentioned that these amps will still work wit any aftermarket deck, utilize a very small footprint, and are easy to setup in almost every kind of vehicle.

I was just highlighting the fact that they will Plug n' Play with the Ford Corprate/OEM stereos, if there are people that are happy with the stock head unit, and just want a bigger amp/sub setup in the rear 1/4 panel.

L8tz

·
Registered
19 Posts
Davis137 said:
I was just highlighting the fact that they will Plug n' Play with the Ford Corprate/OEM stereos, if there are people that are happy with the stock head unit, and just want a bigger amp/sub setup.
I would be seriously interested in this as well, but it appears that the connector list shows nothing newer than 2006 for ANY of the vehicles. I need one for an 09.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just give them time...knowing Blau, they will create harnesses for the models newer than 06 before you know it. I also like the fact that these amps are so small for the kind of power they generate, and I think that class D is the way to go for stealth/semi-stealth installations. I'm thinking about getting the THA 275PnP for my own truck, to drive an 8" Infinity or JBL (unless I can't make them fit without a custom spacer ring for mounting depth clearance inside the box), and then upgrading the rear 6x8's to Infinity or JBL and the front component sets too. Keep the factory deck for the time being, and think about replacing that possibly last. I don't have an iPod, and I'm still cool with burning CD-R's with files that the stock deck will play, so I'm cool with stock HU.

I was thinking, 190W rms/400W peak should be plenty to drive a single 8...I mean, that's gotta be more than the MACH amp is capable of. What do you think?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey everyone, I've got a 2006 Ford Escape with the Audiophile stereo (8" sub with amp). Does anyone know the power on the stock amp and sub? Also, does the amp just run the sub or all the interior speakers? I'm definitely thinking of getting one of these amps and then replacing the stock sub. Does anyone know if the adapters for these amps plug in where the stock amp is in the back of the truck or behind the stock HU? I found a good iPod adapter at http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrdnpods.html so I'm thinking the stock HU would be fine. Thanks for any help and for the great news on these amps!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't have Audiophile in the Mariner, but do in my other vehicle. I'm pretty sure the factory amp powers all speakers. IMO, you'd be better off getting a different amp + LOC vs. the Blau. You can buy much better for the $.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You'll have to pardon my "greenness" here but what's LOC? If I were to get a different amp, do any of them offer OEM cable hookups so I don't have to rewire the entire setup? I would love to get a more powerful amp if the factory amp does in fact power the entire system (as I'm going to be replacing the 4 door speakers and hopefully the stock sub). Thank you!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Factory HU powers the front and rear speakers, about 12W per channel like most decks, and it distorts into mild clipping about a 1/3rd in according to my tests.

The factory amp in the back is only for the sub, and is weak (haven't measured it, haven't bothered.)

Next time, consider making a thread relative to your concern rather than hijacking this one, since it doesn't relate. That way our thoughts can stay coherent on topic.

Make a new thread and I can elaborate much deeper on the topic, too. Also you can look at my install threads and pics for more ideas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed a Blaupunkt TNA 555 PNP in my 2009 Escape. The amp works great! I replaced my factory speakers with some Pole EX375's I had (great mids and highs) and added a shallow box 12" Pioneer. I didn't have a plug and play kit, but I ended up splicing into the speakers lines. I ran a set of wires to the amp (for the left and right fronts and rears) and then wired back into the speaker lines for the speakers in the doors. It took about 3 hours to get the speakers and the amp wired up. I hid the amp underneath the front passengers seat. Be warned, you need to buy 2 connectors from Mouser.

[url=http://www.mouser.com/Search/...//www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... cKxA==

Great amp for my application since I want to keep the factory stereo and take advantage of Sync.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts