Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn...... now that's what I'm talking about... IMO, if it aint stealth, it aint safe driving around with it... A couple questions... how necessary is/was it to build the sub box out of fiberglass? I've never worked with fiberglass before ( I've always wanted to learn, but I never have). I am assuming you only fg'ed the sub box. In this particular setup, what kind of volume per sub does your box have? I'm going to be using two JL Audio 10W1's which require only 1cf per sub... thanks for any input and once again, very nice job... I love it.

thanks-epi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dangit Bobby....... apparently the "03 model isn't set up that way. It has the spare tire inside the vehicle. So I am either going to just build a sub box/amp rack combo and slap it in under the retractable cargo cover. Or....or, I am contemplating removing the spare tire and use the space from the well to build my box. My only real concern about it is that my Daughter (151/2) has her permit and will be driving soon. And she will be using the Escape. So I don't want her to be without a spare in emergency.. However, I seriously doubt that she will be changing a flat if she gets one. She will most likely be calling me to change it for her anyway.. so.. that's where I am at the moment... Oh by the way, I looked up the specs for my JL 10w1's and I was incorrect, they require .75 cubic ft per sub, not 1 cubic ft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts