Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we were waiting for our flight back from Sarasota (we usually fly into Tampa and then drive to Sarasota), we heard that the flight was overbooked, and that AirTran was offering free round-trip tickets for anyone who volunteered to give up their seats. You don't need to twist my arm twice, so we jumped on it.

Well, it figures. There were enough no-shows that we didn't get the tickets or the later flight, so we got out of Tampa on time. We're now sitting in Atlanta waiting for our connecting flight. (We usually fly Southwest, since they have a direct Buffalo-to-Tampa flight, but AirTran had better prices this time.)

Anyway, has anyone else ever taken the free tickets, and did you get home on the same day?

And isn't it great when you can find free wi-fi on another network while the airport is charging for it on theirs?

:D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Jeez JPark, you got me all excited... I thought you were offering free airline tickets :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had done that, Dasha and Colleen would have tagged the post as spam and Squishy would have fed it to Turdle.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jpark said:
If I had done that, Dasha and Colleen would have tagged the post as spam and Squishy would have fed it to Turdle.

:bill:
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

That's a fact!

I wanted to take the buy out for a flight to Belgium years ago on American from Chitown. My wife nixed the idea as she didn't want to wait till the next day and ride on Sabina to Brussels. Same place, two hours later arrival. But get this, they offered $300.00 each ticket each way! I didn't pay that much! Oh well, to the meat of the story. Turns out the AA airplane was broken, they put everyone up overnight downtown, and we all flew on a Sabina 747 the next day. Yeah, that's right. The same plane... :censor: She's still kicking herself eight years later. :shrug:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sadly I don't ever get that oppertunity.

But then I'm flying free to begin with! :D It helps when the whole family has LUV in the wallet....

·
Registered
611 Posts
No free ticket here. Northworst bumped up a flight by 2hrs. to Tampa and Never notified us. Got to the gate just after they closed the door. :cuss: Pilot wouldn't reopen. :censor: :cuss: :censor: Next flight was 4 hours later. Only got food and :beer: vouchers. Although they did seat us in 1st class. That was at least better than my seat in the cargo hold. So instead of being in the Gulf waters by 8pm. We got to our room at 1a.m.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts