Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just bought a new 2010 Ford Escape and I love it! I have a very simple question.... The speaker level outputs coming from the HU... am I getting a full frequency output on these lines or does the HU cut off around 60hz or so? I want to tap into the front speakers at the HU for my crossover but if the high output speaker lines don't even have the frequency, I suppose that wouldn't work out to well!!

Sounds like from the posts I've read the Fuel Pump is the best place to tap in for the switchable 12VDC? I know the radio stays on until I open the doors after I turn the vehicle off, so there must be some communication going to the HU rather than a simple 12V to tell the unit when to power off...

Sounds like the Interior Fuse Panel is entirely Pre-Relay??

Any input would be great!! Thanks to you all!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Kiener01 said:
Hello!

Just bought a new 2010 Ford Escape and I love it! I have a very simple question.... The speaker level outputs coming from the HU... am I getting a full frequency output on these lines or does the HU cut off around 60hz or so? I want to tap into the front speakers at the HU for my crossover but if the high output speaker lines don't even have the frequency, I suppose that wouldn't work out to well!!

Sounds like from the posts I've read the Fuel Pump is the best place to tap in for the switchable 12VDC? I know the radio stays on until I open the doors after I turn the vehicle off, so there must be some communication going to the HU rather than a simple 12V to tell the unit when to power off...

Sounds like the Interior Fuse Panel is entirely Pre-Relay??

Any input would be great!! Thanks to you all!
The speaker level outputs are distorted but they measure reasonably flat (my scans pulled some +-6dB swings, so its not pretty.) Worse yet, it changes with the volume! Ha. Not a fan of the stock HU, though I ran it for about a year before I gave up on it. Pull the fronts not the rear if you are splicing, the rears are much, much worse.

I recommend using the install wiring kits with RAP features, available on eBay. This wiring stuff is for the birds, I have the hardest time with my HU shutting off when its supposed to. Sometimes it shuts off right away, and sometimes it shuts off in 5 minutes. Annoying!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Information Fourthmeal! I've read all your posts and have viewed your installs... Very Nice. I am an audio / lighting engineer at Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH... so I have a huge respect for nice, clean, installs.

Thanks again!! :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Kiener01 said:
Thanks for the Information Fourthmeal! I've read all your posts and have viewed your installs... Very Nice. I am an audio / lighting engineer at Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH... so I have a huge respect for nice, clean, installs.

Thanks again!! :)
Thank you for the compliment. I will admit that I am not a very good fabricator, but I design things pretty well. I am working every day on better fab tricks, especially fiberglass and vinyl work. There is a reason you don't see very much of that stuff from me... I'm bad at it!

If I end up keeping this vehicle, I have a new system plan involving some very special gear that should be the masterpiece I've been looking for. No cats out of the bag for now, but I can tell you that brand new shallow sub technology will allow me to redo the false floor concept with a completely flat, factory floor height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts