Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent trip to the desert the Escape sustained the following cosmetic damage... thank goodness, otherwise I'd be sleeping on the couch. :angel:

1.) The lower drivers side lip of the bumper ripped off little. If I can't secure it back in place is this a vital part or can we do without?

2.) It looks like the clip or what ever busted where the bumper secures to the body. I'm guessing I can get the clip from Ford and just replace it. Would need to tear into the wheel well?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've removed my front bumper twice and there is nothing to it. Hardest part is getting all the little pins and braces replaced on the spoiler because they are usually broken/missing. Where the bumper meets the upper front fender there is a mushroom head that slides into a slot in the bumper. There are a few plastic fasteners holding the fender liner to the bumper that may not want to come out, otherwise it drops off. Remove the 2 bolts above the grill and the whole front end will start to fall off. If you have fog lights the wires unplug and 4 screws hold them inside the bumper. Same lights as some of the Ford Focus'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.