Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my driver door for a while has ben 'pushed out' maybe a 1/4" from the passanger door when closed. I just noticed the Pass door is starting to do the same. You can push them snug, and they lign up perfectly.

Using my excellent skills, and having adjusted the doors on my '65 Falcon by just adjusting the striker to where it needed to be, I saw the U shaped striker on the escape with hex or star shaped screw heads. Got the right sized bit out, and loosened up, but it just bolts on to 2 fixed holds on the door well/pilar, no adjusting possible (That I could see).

So Is this possible? Is it easy? Or is it more involved like requires adjusting the hinges?

I like easy! I have a grill for my Expedition that is now deceoration for my boy's room due to the fact it's just not simply remove a few screws & replace, the entire from face (fender to fender) needs to come off! Crazy! That's the same reason my 'chrome' bumper on my Escape still had the 2 holes from the plate holder in it, and not replaced, due to needing to dismantle the entire front! :rant:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes Ford definately failed on the fit and finish of the Escapes. My passanger side doors are flush, my drivers side not so much. Quality is definately not Job #1 at Ford anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts