Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a massive piece of stretched aluminum, and plan of putting it in the gaps in the front bumper. i was thinking of removing the grill and putting it in there, i was wondering if anyone who put in a replacement piece still has their old one?? or has a cracked one, or has a junk yard that they are friendly with that would give them a damaged one. all i want is the outside to be intact as i will be cutting out the entire honey comb.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I still have mine...don't know if that is something I should keep or not?? lol

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found some on ebay for 45US but since i plan on hacking it up i dont want to spend too much lol.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

the outside frame will be 1/4"x1" flat stock, and the center is going to be 1/4" round stock. i plan on building this at lunch time, so i dont know how long it will take me. i might not even do it just straight, i might incorporate a design of some kind. the first one will be done straight to keep it easier, and will be built as a 100% bolt in replacement. i met a guy who can powder coat, and of course quantity always lowers the price. after the first one is 100% done i will use it to make a stencil plate for the frame so i can build it fast and accurate. after that, i will make a 100% one of a kind grill for my escape. after it is done, I might be allowed to make a few more and i have contemplated making matching pieces for the bumper openings.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i changed the design a bit to keep it a little more simple, there is a 3 radius curve in the bottom corner lol.

but here is pic number 1.

what a dirty rad lol, im going to use a rad comb and straighten all the bug bent parts. and install a screen over it with a piece of stretched aluminum if its visible after the grill is done. i still am unsure about the finish of it. maybe i need a poll to find out what to spray or to get it powder coated or chromed lol.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Use some black gutter guard to hide the radiator. You might have to mount it away from the radiator, but for a couple of dollars at Home Depot or Lowe's it's hard to beat. Impact resistant as well! I have seen some that are shaped like bars going from one side to another of the gutter, but don't recall where. HD and Lowe's are cross bars... :shrug:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bars will be close enough together that the rad shouldn't be a big deal. i got some more pics to post after the kids goto bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts