Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out tonight after supper to try replace the drivers side lower contol arm because the ball joint needed replaced. Anyway I got most of it apart but had great difficulty separating the ball joint from the steering knuckle.. :confused: I could get them separated about half the distance by prying with a big bar but couldn't for the life of me get them separated any further. :horse: So I thought I would ask if anyone else ever ran into this same issue?? I dont think any special tools are needed for this are they?? If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Terminator said:
I went out tonight after supper to try replace the drivers side lower contol arm because the ball joint needed replaced. Anyway I got most of it apart but had great difficulty separating the ball joint from the steering knuckle.. :confused: I could get them separated about half the distance by prying with a big bar but couldn't for the life of me get them separated any further. :horse: So I thought I would ask if anyone else ever ran into this same issue?? I dont think any special tools are needed for this are they?? If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared
Jared I just removed mine and a two jaw puller works with ease.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Terminator said:

Thanks,
Jared
You must remove the bolt the ball joint stem has a groove in it then us a two jaw puller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts