Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving a 2009 tribute. I find my front plastic underskirt too big (the plastic deflector under the front bumper) I think it is too close from the ground (too thick) and i have seen escape and tribute of some other model year with much smaller skirts in front. ( 2008, 2009, 2010) any way of finding the part number relating to this and find out if it is an easy swap to do with this thiner deflector part. Are the fixing points the same on any model year? The difference beetween what i have, and what i saw is nearly 1.5 inch closer too ground, for nothing... (only more vulnerable to break.) Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Be careful when messing around with that seemingly useless piece of plastic, I've seen more than one person run into overheating issues when the airflow under the front of the vehicle changes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent point but the vehicules i have seen with the "short" front skirt are models that are identical to mine only different from year or equipement package i guess... and most of all it is an OEM part; only not mounted on my specific vehicule for any reason at that moment. Mine got a the thicker version.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Only the 2008 models had a shorter skirt. The longer, more integrated skirt was introduced on the 2009 models and carried forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts