Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an xcal2...the guy posted it as an x3 but i found out it wasnt when it arrived. anywho according to sct and another custom tuner it wont work on my 08. thought someone on here might want it otherwise its going on ebay. it is locked to a mustang and will have to be unlocked unfortunately. anyone interested? will make them a great deal on it.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
How much are you asking? have you thought about asking Torrie, our SCT dealer if he could help you out with making it compatible for your Escape?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would sell for $75 obo. just want my money back. i contacted torrie just to make sure it wouldnt work.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Did Torrie say he cannot reprogram it?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i sent him my vin and hes checking on it for me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im pretty sure you will have to send it in to sct to get it unlocked.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well torrie can not program this for me to use. so whoever would like a great deal on it, let me know.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That'd be fine on an '03, correct?
If so, do you still have it?
If so, could you hang on to it until Thursday? That's when I get paid.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
The Xcal2 won't work with the 08's and if its VIN locked it costs $160 to unlock it before it can be used on another vehicle.

(Not trying to hurt your sale but wanted to give full disclosure of what's going on)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah...to unlock it, it does cost $150. i have an '08 and found out the hard way it wont work. but i think it works on all the older models though dont it?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i can tell you the main difference that mattered to me...the x2 wont work on an 08 and the x3 will. beyond that i dont know. as of right now it is sold

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well...this is now up for sale again. anyone interested?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts