Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently found this forum and it's been a great read, but now I need help with my 2001 V6.

While replacing my manifold gaskets I broke a fuel injector electrical connector. The connector was very brittle, probably due to its age and temperature environment. I now have a misfire and I suspect the reason is that the connector cannot keep itself connected.

Can anyone provide some info on how to replace that conncetor. I haven't done work like this before.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Is it just the plastic clip that broke? If so, you can keep it in place with some electrical tape.

Since the connectors are buried under the intake manifold, it might be hard to get a junkyard to get you the connector. All you would need is the plastic end - once you have that you can re-pin your existing wires into the new connector. If you study it, you should be able to figure out how to get the old pins out; each connector keeps them in there in a slightly different way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.