Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were out filling up at Sam's Club this morning and there was a person who was complaining that the gas nozzle wouldn't fit in their gas tank.

The funny thing was this idiot was trying to fill their gasoline powered auto.........

with a diesel fuel nozzle. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

You can't make this stuff up!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Yup! Back in the day before the downsized unleaded nozzles they were all the same. The smaller filler size on the unleaded powered cars with converters kept people from using the leaded gasoline in the unleaded cars and ruining the converters. Good idea. :thumb:

My niece however, was filling up her dad's pickup...... with diesel. And it was a leaded/no converter machine. And hence the nozzle fit the PU quite well. So the truck got the full effect of the diesel fuel. It just didn't want to run. It did run, but very poorly with clouds of white smoke in the air. The tanks and to be removed and drained, fuel lines purged and the carb flushed. Then add gas and it ran quite well, thank you! :hyst:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
cbramsey said:
My wife and I were out filling up at Sam's Club this morning and there was a person who was complaining that the gas nozzle wouldn't fit in their gas tank.

The funny thing was this idiot was trying to fill their gasoline powered auto.........

OMG! :lol: Did you help the idiot out? :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
I drive the Tribute and a Diesel powered Hilux. More then once i've picked up the wrong nozzle :lol:

I now make a point of stopping and thinking of what car I'm in.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Tribby said:
I drive the Tribute and a Diesel powered Hilux. More then once i've picked up the wrong nozzle :lol:

A very good plan of attack, imo.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dasha said:
cbramsey said:

OMG! :lol: Did you help the idiot out? :D
No, my wife told me about it! They were complaining to the gas station employee that the nozzle didn't fit!!! :shock:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
You would not want them to service your car. :) Intriguing complaining about nozzle not fitting. :lol: Whatever their occupation might be, i will hazard a guess that they are competent hopefully. :lol: :) :stop: :yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stone,

This was a self service gas station. Hopefully, that sheds some light for you. The person who was trying to fuel with the incorrect nozzle was the driver of the auto.

:confused:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Reminds me of my brother only not as dumb :lol: The station just got some new fuel and who ever delivered it put diesel in the unleaded storage tanks. needless to say the station had alot of angry customers including my brother.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Tribby said:

Ditto. The Mav's petrol, my Vivaro (work van) is diesel.

Always pays to check and check again!! ;)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i had to drain a fuel tank on a 2.5ton 6x6 last week at work because some idiot decided to fill it with gas but i didnt bother to flush it out. just sucked it out with a transfer pump, then put 60L of diesel in it then changed the filters. a couple shots of quick start and viola. one of the idiots will take it to the fuel pump to try again. its a 300L tank so there is not a big problem if 10-15L of gas is in the tank. but it had about 290L of gas lol.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
CrashNburn said:
i had to drain a fuel tank on a 2.5ton 6x6 last week at work because some idiot decided to fill it with gas but i didnt bother to flush it out. just sucked it out with a transfer pump, then put 60L of diesel in it then changed the filters. a couple shots of quick start and viola. one of the idiots will take it to the fuel pump to try again. its a 300L tank so there is not a big problem if 10-15L of gas is in the tank. but it had about 290L of gas lol.
A couple of candidates for the Darwin Award?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts