Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The September issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel Drive mag has a good article on air intake upgrades. Basically it says if you don't have the cash to spend on horse power a new air intake such as Weapons R, K&N, S&B etc. all help the engine run better and could allow for both more MPG's and more then likely HP if the factory has built the ducting to the proper diameters. So as long as the factory built kits are built proper the engine will ingest more air and it should run all around more efficiently. :thumb:
The article also stated that as far as reusable oiled filter vs.the throw away dry filter the air flow numbers were pretty much the same so it up to each individual as to what type of filter one purchases.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did it. I broke down and purchased the Weapons R Secret weapon intake. I figure if the state is going to take away our OT and our raise, I might as well spend what I have in my E fund before we strike....That way it gets used on the "E" and not the important stuff like bills :)
Oscar, thanks for the tip on the product, it gets great reviews over and over..
http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?act=v ... uct&id=129

·
Registered
679 Posts
let us know how it fits and if there are any performance gains?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sweetness. If u don't like ill take and put 2 on mine. I'm telling u there is a difference and you'll notice It. :yahoo: :lol:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I'm excited..Trust me. I know you told me this before but it doesn't make it sound like a rice burrrrrrrrner correct?
I looked into the Gibson exhaust and I'd have to special order it with my trailer hitch so thats not going to happen..Plus the Weapons R looks sweet in the pictures.

·
Registered
679 Posts
will it fit on a 09?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as far as what years it fits, go on the site or call.. Oscar has a whole thread about install and pics. Do a search and it should come up after a try or 3. I can't remember the exact title so I'm not going to do it. I do it's there though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
You need to find a local shop that has a all wheel drive dyno. Go there and spin the rollers with the stock set-up. Then swap the weapon R in and spin the rollers again. Then post the results for us to see. If i had an older model i would try and do it myself. I'm sure many of you have seen my posts before and i still don't believe the hype. I want to see real numbers from a end consumer before i believe.

In the end it only really matters what you think. It is your money and your choice. If you are happy with your choice then it is all good. :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm really not going to go to a shop, i just go by what the mag says in it's tech article and by Oscars experience.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If I knew someone with a dyno I would do it, but its expensive for just intake numbers.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Oscar I agree, it feels different and I think I hit 40 much quicker then w/o.
I've never payed attention be fore though so who knows. Thanks for the first application I think it's well worth it, day 1. :rockon:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is it worth it doing this to the I4? Ive noticed that practically all of you that are doing this mod have the V6.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yes, but to each their own

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Looks good MEGA! Engine bay needs a little wash though :hyst:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts