Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strejcek's post about Homelink openers inspired me to look at a new location for our garage door opener. I used to keep it in the sunglasses compartment by the dome lights, which for me was fine until a few days ago when I obtained new glasses with a sun glass clip.

I found there's a nice, smooth and perfectly angled flat area underneath the dash and above the console. I took off the metal clip on the opener applied 2 small pads of Velcro, stuck it on, and it was done. I could have placed the opener further back, but I didn't want to have to stretch to reach it. My Liftmaster buttons light up blue when any of the buttons are touched, and the color nicely matches the blue ambient lighting.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Cool, and good thinking!

I just hung ours on the left front side of the glove box door. It's a two button controller, so I want to be able to look at it and pop the correct door open.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I put mine in the remote holder that Ford provided between the overhead lights. Do all Escapes come with this? The remote is fully contained, just push where indicated between the lights and the door opens.

-SPARKZZ

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
prowler said:
I put mine in the remote holder that Ford provided between the overhead lights. Do all Escapes come with this? The remote is fully contained, just push where indicated between the lights and the door opens.

-SPARKZZ
That's where I used to keep my remote until I needed the compartment for my sunglasses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.