Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought all the parts I need for us to move across the country. +/- 3,700 miles with all the stops and sights we'll make. This is what I scored today:

Brake booster (needed one for a while now), front rotors (dealer I bought it from cut them way too thin for my comfort), MC fuel filter, MC spark plugs, FelPro upper/lower intake gaskets, egr gasket, TB gasket, IAC gasket. For some reason, I ended up with 8 lower gaskets. Pretty much all of them need to be replaced since I've had the intake off multiple times. And I ordered a set of 235-75-15 Firestone Destination ATs from TireRack.com. Now, if I could just get some decent weather to get all this done.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. We plan to keep a journal of the trip with pictures. My 3 year old also has a little kids digital camera that he will use. Should be interesting to see things from his perspective.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Good luck with the trip. The pics by the little tike should be interesting. I hope he/she get some good ones :yes:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I did it all today. Even broke the throttle cable by leaning on it. So, now I gotta buy that tomorrow. In the mean time, my right hand is swollen from banging it on the drivers side strut while trying to remove the caliper mounting bolts. 40 degrees outside. No, it's not as cold as some places, but it wasn't comfortable with that wind chill. So, I don't want to touch that truck for a while. Man I need a beer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.