Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a request. If you have not already posted you location in your avatar, how would it be if you went back and did so?

Seem odd? Sorry. Some have thought of having a Texas gathering, and maybe others would like to have one for their state/region. Jp advised me that we have six maybe more members in Texas. However, it isn't readily apparent how many live in Texas, or any other state because everyone does not post their location. By posting your location in your avatar, we would all better see how many members are available to do such a thing in a geographical area.

Even if we are not having a gathering now, maybe in the future? Other sites that I belong to have annual National/Regional get-to-gethers (GTG), and local GTG. Why not E-C? It could be fun, know what I mean jellybean? :peace:

BTW, I live in Hurst at center of the DFW Metroplex. Anyone else on board for a GTG in the area?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm all in!
Denton, TX, but I'll drive anywhere within reason.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd be intereted. A lot of it depends on where and what we do. I'm on a few Ford Mustang boards and the local one has weekly meets. Those are mostly just hanging out in parking lots, or trips to the drag strip. Maybe we can have a GTG at a lake or something, weather permitting.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I like that a lot!
Sounds like a winner to me... :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
propellerhead said:
I'd be intereted. A lot of it depends on where and what we do. I'm on a few Ford Mustang boards and the local one has weekly meets. Those are mostly just hanging out in parking lots, or trips to the drag strip. Maybe we can have a GTG at a lake or something, weather permitting.
What Mustang sites do you visit? I belong to IMBOC.com, MilitaryStangs (which I only go to sporatically), Ford-Forum, FTE (trucks), and a couple others.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I still read/post on DFWStangs. I'm on Stangnet, ModularDepot, Corral and a few others but I hardly post anymore. My focus has been on gun forums lately.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I realise this failed the first time, but I was wondering who in the TX/SW area would be interested in trying to get an E-C get together/fun-run/hang-out thing organised?
I'll drive anywhere in TX, LA, AR, OK, to parts of NM, and CO.
I think it would be a blast! Anyone else in?

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
EC had a couple meets both in New England and Florida. I always thought it would be neat to have a National Meet in like Colorado where we up North and West could Drop Down and you in the South East and West could come up. Our Members in Canada could get there also if set far enough in advance :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I went to 3 meets organized at the other E-C - New Jersey (the 1st one), Kentucky and Pennsylvania. Light off-roading was a key part of each of those. Actually, my sig pic is from the PA FunRun and was a little more than "light" off-roading. I know they also did Florida and a less formal meet up in St Louis, MO. I don't think they did anything off-road though.

The ones I attended were fun and very worth the effort. Texas might be a bit too much of a drive to do solo though. KY took me 10-11 hours from NJ. I guess depending on timing (and gas prices), I would at least think about it... :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Why not come and visit the British Meet that Arbs, Big Chris and myself are presently organising :yahoo: :thumb: , should be a good time if it comes off, the venue, however WILL have a nearby source of "Timothy Taylors Landlord" ale :yahoo: , and some of that mass produced industrial chemical (Kronenburg :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :barf: ) for the musical one............ :rockon: ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Why not come and visit the British Meet that Arbs, Big Chris and myself are presently organising :yahoo: :thumb: , should be a good time if it comes off, the venue, however WILL have a nearby source of "Timothy Taylors Landlord" ale :yahoo: , and some of that mass produced industrial chemical (Kronenburg :stifle: :stifle: :barf: :barf: :barf: ) for the musical one............ :rockon: ;)
I wouldn't mind that, I haven't been over that way in almost 9 years. Might get a little expensive though :worry:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I've always wanted to go to "jolly ol' England" and this would be a good reason. Might be tough though with the economic uncertainties these days . Would also need to get a passport. Not sure how long that would take... Hmmm....

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Hey dude that would be a splended idea however for me I think Colorado is just a Tad closer. :thumb:
How ever you could send some Ale this way.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'd be all in for Colorado!
I had a bad experience passing through the Denver airport, but other than that, I've never been. :thumb:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ft. Worth? What part?
And camping sounds like a ton of fun.
I also want to find some dirt for my Escape to play in. I hope to be removing Colorado soil from under my car for months. :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yarritspete said:
ft worth texas here, a camping trip sounds like a blast
Where are you? Hurst here...near LD Bell H.S..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts