Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Leave it stock, foo'.

Votes: 3 12.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an opinion, and everyone loves polls!

Magnaflow kit: a little more expensive, pipes out the back, single exit
Gibson kit: cheaper (on average), pipes out behind the rear passenger wheel, single exit

Please vote! (or comment) :peace:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Borla doesn't have anything for the Escape as far as I know, but I think I know what you are talking about. I have seen it on eBay a few times but never really thought about it. Now it's bothering me... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looked them up. Apparently, they're in Minnesota, about 1-1/4 hour's drive away. Interesting. I don't know if I want a universal fit kit or something to remove the second muffler/resonator. I feel that finding a way to rid of the latter would ultimately resolve what I want to get done. I'll check it out; it'd be supporting a local business and possibly cheaper too!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I've never heard a low sounding V6 with an after market exhaust. I thought gibson made a kit for around 500.00 that is fairly low must be magnaflo. I just with they made one that sounded like the ride has power rather then a wind up propeller..This is just my opinion...And if you kknow of a company that makes a truely low sounding kit please PM me with the info..

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might be meeting with Heartthrob within the next two to three weeks for them to see what they can do. So far, all they have suggested is a muffler swap. I want that resonator out!

There's also a video up on Youtube of a black SAP Escape with a Magnaflow kit (among other modifications... if you look, you can see my questions/comments since I have the same username on Youtube) and you can hear the exhaust pretty well. It's no V8 but it's definitely not a coffee can.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure can...

(Mike, from Hearthrob: "[You] Just need a 'you betcha' and a reference about the weather and you are ready to be considered as Minnesotan.")

...I mean, you betcha! (where are you located anyway?)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
ophiruchus said:
Sure can...

(Mike, from Hearthrob: "[You] Just need a 'you betcha' and a reference about the weather and you are ready to be considered as Minnesotan.")

...I mean, you betcha! (where are you located anyway?)
Well i did play AAA Hockey there in the late 80's, does that count? I'm in Washington State.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So it could be a while before I meet the guys at Heartthrob. I volunteered to cover someone's work shift (more of a trade) which nulled my Thursday afternoon schedule visit. Still gonna keep in touch with the guys from HT but it could be a while before we figure anything out...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Between the 2 catbacks, I'd pick Magnaflow.... but I voted "Something Else". To save $, just cut the stock muffler out (& resonator), and weld a Magnaflow SS replacement in. The stock pipe is stainless.

·
Registered
122 Posts
kkreit01 said:
Between the 2 catbacks, I'd pick Magnaflow.... but I voted "Something Else". To save $, just cut the stock muffler out (& resonator), and weld a Magnaflow SS replacement in. The stock pipe is stainless.
Really, I didn't know that. Thanx for that info, seriously. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
megascape said:
after hearing the Gibson I'm saving up for it. Sounds tuff and low..
Maybe I'll wait to hear your system after installation for my personal verdict.

·
Registered
490 Posts
SprinterX said:
kkreit01 said:
Really, I didn't know that. Thanx for that info, seriously. :thumb:
I guess I'm not 100% sure it is? However, the stock exhaust on my Sport is stainless, and the stock exhaust on my '05 Neon was stainless. Thus -- I'm assuming....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.