Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gieco has to be the worst insurance company to deal with!!! I was hit by a guy that blew a stop sign.... It was a non stop fight for gieco (his insurance company) to accept responsibility. Then it took forever for them to approve additional repairs and to extend my rental. Finially they refuse to use oem ford parts! Any one with gieco I advise you switch. And everyone I hope you don't get hit by a gieco customer!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I've got USAA.. real easy to deal with. They even recommended another insurance company for my Barge(which was much cheaper and better coverage for it)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for reminding me to pay my insurance bill. I have Farmer's for my Escape. Ironically I use USAA to insure my 1979 Suburban, that I almost never drive.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have used Geico for ten years. Nothing but great service from them. One day while backing up I hit my neighbors BMW and caused $5000 damage. They treated him great and he had a check for the repair the next day. :thumb:

·
Registered
781 Posts
I find it has a lot to do with the specific agent. My family had everything insured with one agent for ~20 years. He retired and left his agency to another agent. Within a year, their premium increased ~60% and they didn't really think it was weird until I began shopping for my insurance.

To the Geico topic, my brother was t-boned by a driver making an illegal right hand turn. He had purchased insurance from Geico 2 days prior. The agent originally denied insuring him then proceeded to tell us he hadn't finished his paperwork. Let's just say after a year and a half, he finally got reimbursed from the agent.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Always good the let the big guys know how they are treating the public. Word does get around.
I had Farmers with the same agent for nearly 20 years. Without reason they doubled my rates, no tickets, multiple policies of life and home, high 700 credit. So much for taking care of old customers. I switched to Amica and cover the Escape and Volvo for full better coverage, 500 deductible, well under 1/2 price and saved 100s / year. I suppose the lowly insurance companies take it out on the customer for high claim areas like hail damage etc rather than see the investment of keeping rates reasonable. Makes you wonder what they do with all that money in the good times. I know I've paid for my cars a few times over with no claims to speak of.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They cannot possibly suck as bad as Allstate does. I got hit by one of their drivers in my Cavalier and they refuse to pay for a new bumper because it was already scratched, they want to charge me a "depreciation fee." I am sorry, if your stupid driver would have been looking through the windshield instead of lighting a cigarette...this would have never happened. You are in bad hands with Allstate!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I have State Farms. My mom had me do a bunch of things for them to get discounts in the future. Right now full coverage for Ean is $470 for 6 months ($250 deductible). I have been involved in two accidents which weren't my fault, also different cars lol Ean is accident free currently, oh wait I lie some stupid girl rear ended me this past winter but just bounced off his squishy bumper haha. Well back to my point. They dealt with everything and were awesome. I worry because my agent is super old too haha and I don't want him to leave his agency to someone stupid who will jack up my rates. All of my college age friends are amazed though for what I pay on a 2005 suv and my insurance is in my name not my momma's haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts