Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and replaced with!!!

2007 Ford Freestyle 3L AWD limited in Silver with black leather, heated seats, sun roof, and a dvd player. its the most loaded vehicle i will ever own. its got more buttons on the steering wheel, then my XLT escape has throughout LoL. only thing i need to do to it, is install a trailer hitch, and tint the front 2 windows. i might have a set of tube side steps for sale soon LoL.

i find out in a few hrs if i get aproved for financing.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Friends who drive the Freestyle love it. I didn't get a chance to look at many last time I was on the hunt for a new vehicle as they have never been Fords biggest seller.
Only complaint I've heard from anyone has been about the CVT transmissions, coupled with the 3.0 V6 critics said this vehicle was sluggish. Keep in mind the curb weight of the Freestyle is 630lbs more than an Escape 4X4.
Good luck with your purchase, hope your experience will be as good as others I have talked to.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Very nice! I got to drive a friends a few months back and I was surprised at how smooth and quiet the ride was compared to my Escape. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so we will be picking up our new ride on wensday (as long as they get the windshield replaced in time) its got a stone chip and they said they would replace it for free of course.

pics of my new escape/freestar offspring to come.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
My wife wanted one of these when they were first introduced. I wasn't willing to anti-up the monthly payments for a new one at the time for her to be driving a CUV/wagon around with just her in it. Once we got past that, she liked the idea of the E/M/T thing. :yes:

Freestyle and Taurus X are wonderful machines though. Imo, the power to wieght ratio is all that bad, it just isn't a light wieght.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i finished up the paperwork today, so hopefully they get it right in and have it ready for tomorrow!!. im taking off my step bars and keeping to roof rails since they are sending it straight to auction. pics and adds to come!!

now, i need to find a pdf of the owners manual lol cause the one for the car isnt there. and its got 1,000,000 buttons HAHA

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that is an awesome PDF, thanks!!! there are way too many features on this car LoL

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I took some pics, but photobucket is being a PITA, so they wont upload??? i will try to figure it out later. after driving about 80km last night i so far have no complaints, it is gonna take me a while to figure everything out though cause its got more buttons the ship that took Armstrong to the moon LoL.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pics as prommised :thumb:

its needs window tint, and a trailer hitch to be installed in the new year. and most likely wait till it warms up to get the tint put on.

and dont worry, i wont leave EC :wave:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my only complaint is the wood grain LoL. im not a big fan, so im either gonna buy a new panel or paint that one.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
CrashNburn said:
my only complaint is the wood grain LoL. im not a big fan, so im either gonna buy a new panel or paint that one.
I'm not a fan of the woodgrain either. I prefer silver to fake wood.

Just a thought, but I would try to find a replacement panel (s) and remove that one to save should you decide to sell this car before it is totally worn out. Someone looking at buying your machine later may like and expect the wood grain dash. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.