Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '01 3.0L v6 escape and just want to make it sound louder. But not obnoxious crappy loud! Any suggestions would be appreciated! :calvin:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
glass pack cherry bombs :confused:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
depends what they are on about 90% of the time that I have heard them they are bad soundung. Just go Magnaflow straight through muffler. Thats what i have and it purrs and it growls too

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
You people are talking megabucks here.
There is only one sure solution for growling-scaring exhaust sound and it's cheap:
Two speakers hidden in the rear bumper, (stereo is a must), connect them to the audio system and play a DVD of the Group B rally cars of the eighties.
Neighbors will love it.
Oops!I missed my shrink appointment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
SUVord said:
You people are talking megabucks here.
There is only one sure solution for growling-scaring exhaust sound and it's cheap:
Two speakers hidden in the rear bumper, (stereo is a must), connect them to the audio system and play a DVD of the Group B rally cars of the eighties.
Neighbors will love it.
Oops!I missed my shrink appointment.
Yeah!!!! :thumb: :yahoo:

·
Registered
93 Posts
well , i made my own custom exhaust, un bolted it at the flex pipe ran a 2.25 pipe to the axle put a cherry bomb glass pack on it and utilized the stock muffler and pipe to go over the axle, sounds kinda cool i do plan on installing a magna flow muffler (throw away the bomb) and a 2.25 pipe to go over the axle and say good bye to the stock muffler setup i think added some power

·
Registered
93 Posts
lol nope not yet :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my wifes minus the Family Stickers, it is 2003 3.0L V-6:

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks Ean-the-Escape and US Mariner 1.... my wife actually wants it louder :lol:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have a kamakazi on my ranger 2.3 and my neighbor has it on his 3.0 if this helps.
Keep in mind this was filmed in a closed garage.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've got the 2.3, mind you, but what I did would sound better with the 3.0, imo.
I would love to have the v6, if the manual was an option.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7024
That's a 2.25" Borla ProXS with side-exit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts