Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 100% true story. I knew the guy! Hadn't seen him in a while and now I know why!

About 1 year ago, an ex colleague went to a customer's house to install a line. She was an elderly lady, and when he asked if there was anything else he could do (referring to anything telephony related), she asked if he could hang a mirror for her.

He finished his days work and on his way home stopped off and hung the mirror for the old lady.

Over the following months, the lady would call him and ask him to do small jobs for her. He was happy to do it but was getting a bit annoyed at the frequency of the calls. His boss contacted the lady and politely said that the guy was happy to help but the calls were interfering with his daily work.

The lady still called my friend and he still helped her out but it was a lot less frequent.

He gets a call out of the blue from a solicitor one day, sadly the lady had died, but she left him everything! :shock:

Her home, all her money, some stocks & shares. They did an audit and it turned out it was over £500,000 in total.

Not surprisingly, he took some time off and handed his notice in a short while later!

I bumped into a mutual friend yesterday and he told me the full story.

The guy who got the inheritance was a really nice guy, I'm so happy for him. it just shows that going that extra mile and helping people out can sometimes be the best thing you can do, for yourself aswell as others! :yes: :clap:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Big Chris said:
The guy who got the inheritance was a really nice guy, I'm so happy for him. it just shows that going that extra mile and helping people out can sometimes be the best thing you can do, for yourself aswell as others! :yes: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Great story and sooo very true !! Thanks for sharing that, Chris !! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Good for your buddy!

I do nice things for people on a regular basis. The dividends are paid then with a simple "thank you". ;) Because sometimes that is all they can afford. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
stone said:
Just like karma. What goes round comes around.
I could not agree with you more.
 

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,590 Posts
stone said:
Just like karma. What goes round comes around.
Is that kinda like "My karma ran over my dogma?!?!?" :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
when do i get paid for my good deeds? lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
CrashNburn said:
when do i get paid for my good deeds? lol.
You already have been paid. Don't you have that lovely little urchin to adore you? :yes:

It's that good!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,977 Posts
I think I'm the one that goes around to pay others for their good deeds. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
jonas1022 said:
CrashNburn said:
when do i get paid for my good deeds? lol.
You already have been paid. Don't you have that lovely little urchin to adore you? :yes:

It's that good!
actually i got 2 HAHA
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
stone said:
Just like karma. What goes round comes around.
When I hear the word "Karma", that song by Culture Club pops in my head and I can't get it out!!!!

"Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and go
You come and go
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
Red, gold and green
Red, gold and green"

OOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why I am laughing, it's in my head now! :doh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Dasha said:
stone said:
Just like karma. What goes round comes around.
When I hear the word "Karma", that song by Culture Club pops in my head and I can't get it out!!!!

"Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon
You come and go
You come and go
Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream
Red, gold and green
Red, gold and green"

OOOHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:
jonas1022 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why I am laughing, it's in my head now! :doh:
Oh great !!! Thanks a lot, Dasha !!!

:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,620 Posts
Dasha said:
When I hear the word "Karma", that song by Culture Club pops in my head and I can't get it out!!!!
When I think if Culture Club, I think of the movie The Wedding Singer, where the backup singer looks like Boy George and only sang, "Do you really want to hurt me?" :hyst:

-----------------

Great story Big Chris! It's inspiring. I can't say I've had a windfall like that, but I try to be nice to most people, especially at work, and it has led me to getting my last 4 jobs! So being nice does pay off for me too!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top