Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the day I start installing some of my gear. I am not going to start the big system instal untill it gets wormer due to all the glass work still ahead and all the final prep work on the sub box. To start things off I am using the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD. I plan on grounding the parking break lead with the main harnes. WAS wondering if I need to double ground the unit? Have heard that most pioneers need to be dubble grounded. More on the final setup latter this week....

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
head monkey said:
Tomorrow is the day I start installing some of my gear. I am not going to start the big system instal untill it gets wormer due to all the glass work still ahead and all the final prep work on the sub box. To start things off I am using the Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD. I plan on grounding the parking break lead with the main harnes. WAS wondering if I need to double ground the unit? Have heard that most pioneers need to be dubble grounded. More on the final setup latter this week....
You probably heard that from me, and it is a smart thing to do. Here's why:

Say you unplug the harness from the back of the unit, but something else is on. There is a really annoying part inside the HU that is going to blow, called a pico-fuse. Nearly impossible to fix by yourself, unless you are GOOD with a soldering iron and I mean PRO. So, its better safe than sorry, ground an extra lead to the head unit directly on the back. Also helps with noise reduction, grounding the chassis creates a drain for the interference.

Also, always ALWAYS power off the unit and make sure it is fully off before disconnecting RCA's, or swapping things out. This head unit reacts very negatively to hot swaps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.