Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was traveling on I-465 in Indianapolis heading to Cincinnati to my other office for work. Going with the flow of traffic I was coming into a work zone. I had just passed the work zone sign, and the highway was at a slight downgrade and turning to the left then begins an upgrade. Right past the Work Zone sign...there was a van a couple hundred feet up...then right in front of the van was an Indiana State Trooper. Radar gun right on me. Got me for doing 66 in a 45. Kinda upset about it...just thought I would throw it out there. PS the guy was a complete asshole...pardon my language.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
D'OH!

:doh:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ouch, that's a bummer. I too have a hard time going down to 55 on the highway for work zones.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Work zones are apparently 45.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Was it one of those where the fine doubles with workers present? :spank:

That does suck. Florida hoghways are always under distruction so we have plenty of simular opportunities to fund the highway patrol.

What really pisses me off is the constant flow of cops coming and going to work running 100MPH usually not even from our county :cuss:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Wow that sucks Scott. I guess the guys giving the tickets tend to be the schmucks on the force...

I hope it's not as bad (cost wise) for you as my last ticket was. They got me for failure to yield (at an intersection at a traffic circle that was controlled by a traffic light, my way was green and the yield sign was not really visible as you approached and the guy in front of me did the same thing... :shrug: ) Anyway... The ticket was $75 and 2 points. To avoid points on my licence I pleaded guilty but they raised the fine to $125, I had to pay an insurance surcharge that was $300+ and I had to pay the court fees. In the end I paid just under $500 :rant: :cuss: :censor: :wall:. Since it was around X-mas time the girl taking the checks gave me a candy cane. :roll:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hmm.....too bad you're not a woman, you could have used my excuse...... ;)

Sorry to hear 'bout the ticket! That's a bummer!!! :cuss:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Ouch, a 45 work zone? I would have a hard time dropping 20 miles from my speed too, unless you were on a 55 road to begin with.

You should have tried Dasha's excuse anyways. :angel:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Squishy said:
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Hi Squishy :hi:

I don't think that Dasha's excuse would have worked for Scott !! Her excuse involves that "time of the month". :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I gathered so far the minimum fine is $300 including court fees...max can be up to $1000 and could also include my license being suspended. They never gave me a price of what my ticket would be. I have to call the county courthouse and schedule a court date. It is apparently mandatory to goto court for this type of charge. Hopefully the fat bastard doesn't show up. Man that man got in his car quick to come get me! lol

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Colleen said:
Squishy said:

I don't think that Dasha's excuse would have worked for Scott !! Her excuse involves that "time of the month". :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
:yes: :blush: :lol:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Colleen said:
Squishy said:

Would a post-op trans-sexual still 'suffer' from "the-nameless-excuse"? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought it was going to be more...so only $300 is good instead of what I originally thought.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I wanna hear more about the post-op trans-sexual thing.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts