Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited! :yahoo: I've missed my Escape, it was in the body shop for a full week.

I drove to work in my parents Toyota Tundra this week, and don't get me wrong I think the Tundra is a great vehicle, but I drive narrow and winding roads for 35 miles, and that big thing just becomes a pain to drive. I love the V8 power, but after driving a large truck my Escape now feels like a go-cart.

Not everything is back like I want it. I started to work on putting my new brush guard on and it's giving me headaches. I think those tow hooks got bent significantly enough it's not going to just bolt on like it should. Might have to go back to the body shop, or maybe I just don't know how to install this rack, but the instructions are vague and my tow bars are bent. Hopefully I'll figure it out cause I don't think I could stand not having a brush rack, I got used to the look and I feel something is missing without it on there.

Also my fog lights are installed, but they couldn't find the wiring, so I got to dig into it and hook them up, or find out what wires I need. Something is missing from the wiring harness I think. They look great though.

I'll post some pics sometime, looks like a new 2001 with all fresh paint on the front and side. basically everything back to the doors is new. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
megascape said:
Thats surprising that the auto shop couldn't figure out the wiring. As for the brush guard didn't it hook up to the radiator brackets? Those are easy to tweak out or in if that's the case.
Nope from what ive seen of the big bars they hook onto part of the chassis i think it is? im not 100% sure of the name :p i'll get a piccie of it when im out at maverick later. The smaller A bars get support from the Radiator and where the black plastic under the car mounts to the bumper.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Busy day today, but I'm pretty happy to get most of the Escape work done. I still need to get the fog lights hooked up, but now I know an easy way to get to them from work on my brush guard.

Brush guard was a pain to get on. It mounted completely different than my old one. I like that it seems more secure as it bolts directly to the underside of the body frame and to the tow hooks, but I had to cut away some of the shrouds to accommodate it. This one fits a lot more snug, which I think looks better, but if I hit anything it probably won't be as protective as there is very little clearance between it and the bumper cover.

I'm still putting everything back on it, hope to get some good photos of my redone Escape sometime so I can update my sig banner.

Here are pics of it completely clean, no exterior mods and a new front end:

And here are a few of the new brush rack just after I installed it. Still need to put my AUX lights on the cross bar.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Looks like they did a good job. I'll agree with everyone else and say the new guard does look like a better fit. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!

I like this brush rack better. I did think the other one was more "Utility", but I do think this one looks a lot nicer and has that "clean install" look.

I got the Auxiliary driving lights on it now, will try to take some pics soon of it back to itself with all the exterior mods installed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else that the new brushguard looks a lot better than the one pictured in your signature.

I know I dont need one but Im really considering getting a bullbar for my Escape....I like the look it gives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.