Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my ford bug shield on my 05 XLT escape.

I just dont know if I care for the way it looks. It seems like the weather tech is wider and does not have the part by the headlights where there is a slight hump.

Here is the weather tech version.
http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvprod ... &Year=2005

I picked up the ford one for $70. The weather tech is $60 + $20 so it would only be $10 more.

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Looks fine

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I think it looks real good! :thumb:

WeatherTech is a quality product as well. So whatever makes you happy! :)

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
I think it looks great the way you have it. I think the OEM one you installed is considered the "low profile" shield. This is why it dips in the middle and flares up over the lights. The Weathertech one looks more like a standard shape...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ratjack2k5 said:
I just dont know if I care for the way it looks. It seems like the weather tech is wider and does not have the part by the headlights where there is a slight hump.
Well if you look closely at the WeatherTech one, it isnt that the Ford OEM sheild has a "hump" over the headlamps, the Weathertech simply raised the middle section to come in line with the "hump" over the headlamps. Ford simply made theirs to follow the contours of the hood. So its just a question of the style you want more for your Escape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great looking bug shield you have there! My friend was looking for a bug shield for his Ford but we're quite newbies on what brand has good quality. Most of the people here were using weather tech, is the brand really that good? Still, we're wondering if anyone knows or suggestions of other brands beside weather tech. :confused:
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried a low profile one (can't remember which brand), but it sat too low. Then I bought a taller one, but took it back b/c it was..............well, too tall. Should have got the FORD one to start b/c it is "just right".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts