Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this morning. In the Buick.

You know the drill...traffic is backing up due to a lane merge a mile ahead and people start braking and the braking gets a little more vigorous as it gets to me, I panic brake cause the car ahead is and we all get stopped...EXCEPT the person behind me. BAM! Thankfully she was braking too so not too much to worry about.

BUT THEN the girl behind the Escape slammed into the Escape which sent me into the car in front of me and so forth for the three cars ahead of me. Six cars total. By the time the dust had settled two other (different) accidents happen behind and in front of us. That would make 10 cars in about quarter span in 3 accidents. Sheese!

The poor woman in the Escape (08 or 09) and the one behind her (a Honda CRV)...their cars were leaking like sieves and not drivable. No one got hurt so that is a good thing. Anyhoo...bashed up my bumpers petty good. Have a check in hand already for the repairs. :)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Yikes. I think the hardest part of driving in a traffic jam is watching behind you.

Did you at least tell her about this site? :D

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Sorry to hear!!! Glad nobody was hurt.....especially you!!!!!!!! :heart: Oh, and......
:pics:

Squishy said:
Did you at least tell her about this site? :D
:lol:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Best of luck with the repairs futameca. My sympathy as regards the unfortunate incident. Do you have to fill out much paper work?.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Donde los yikes!!!

I'm glad that nobody was hurt, Tom. And I'm glad that you already have a check!

:D

And the check is in the mail, Squish!

:bill:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Man that sucks. That happened to me once with 5 cars, and I was in the center. Both the front and back got it. Good Luck on the repairs and Pray for a good outcome.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You are not the Lone Ranger.

I have been rear ended several times. Each time it was in heavy traffic by a distracted driver...cell phone, GPS, newspaper...newspaper! Yup! Bumper to bumper traffic and the dork nozzle is reading the Dallas Morning News! Now that's a Sheesh!

I hope the old Buick gets fixed OK for you!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! :heart:

When I went back to make sure the ladies were ok, I must admit to gazing around the Escape interior a bit. :doh:

Sorry no pics, I should have celled phoned a few shots.

Spent about two hours on the phone with a couple adjusters. The woman in the Escape has Allstate as well so their policy is the deductible is waved. No out of pocket...bonus! :thumb: No paperwork yet, fingers crossed.

Damage is cosmetic at this point (until they tear things part and look behind stuff) mostly cracks, gouges, and scrapes front and back. $1,200 worth.

We'll see where the liability lies and I may get rental covered also while mine is getting fixed.

Not the most pleasant ordeal do go through but all in all I am very fortunate.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Wow... sorry to hear that...

I'm amazed that you have a check in hand already, especially from Allstate. Good for you. I hope they don't find much damage under the skin.

jpark said:
Donde los yikes!!!
:confused: I have a few Spanish speaking friends who would be very upset with you mangling their language like that... I think I'll have to start using that phrase ;) :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts