Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went off road this weekend up in Chicopee, Mass. It was fun till I got stuck in the mud. It was pretty bad. I had to get a tow truck to get me out of it. It cost me $260 and $35 to get it wash it was full of mud. My kids,and I had fun :lol: . Here are some pics.








This is the hole left about 24" deep

This is the next day after a wash with son.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
does it have 4wd? It looks like a jeep would have got stuck in that. It looks like pudding. Ive gone through some crazy stuff with mine. 2feet of snow. foot of mud. small rivers 18" deep. Well its crazy for an Escape 4x4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
Looks like you were having fun. Shame you got stuck though. I've been debating whether or not to pack a come-along (what I call a small hand crank winch) in my Escape. Wouldn't have done you much good though, I don't see anything to attach too out there.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,345 Posts
Getting stucky is very sucky!! :cuss:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
megascape said:
That is a deff stick! :taz: Thats the kind of mud that sucks your shoes right off when you walk in it..
Yeah! that's what happen when I got of my truck. My sneaker got sucked in. My socks were black I had to throw them away. It was really hard to walk on the mud.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,548 Posts
Getting stucky is very sucky... and Yucky!!!

At least you got a good story out of it ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RobtRoma said:
Getting stucky is very sucky... and Yucky!!!

At least you got a good story out of it ;)
Yeah! It was fun. But now I had to buy two new rims also. Cause my rims got all scratched up. I didn't like how they look, so I'm keeping these for just in case. So I'm buying new tires and stock rims. I didn't like the tires anyways they were the conti tracs they suck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,548 Posts
US MARINER 1 said:
But now I had to buy two new rims also. Cause my rims got all scratched up. I didn't like how they look, so I'm keeping these for just in case.
There are companies that can repair scratched up wheels. My boss uses them on his leased cars before he turns them in. He's had no complaints. Might be something to look into...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
A couple spare rims might be nice to have, I'd like a spare set for on road / off road switching of tires. That or at least one extra rim for a full size spare. If you keep a set of tires on them I can imagine them coming in very handy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Airmapper said:
A couple spare rims might be nice to have, I'd like a spare set for on road / off road switching of tires. That or at least one extra rim for a full size spare. If you keep a set of tires on them I can imagine them coming in very handy.
Yeah! I'm keeping the tires and rims for spare.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top