Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, i do respect my original trade.
Have lost count of the, amount of granite headstones i have polished.
Truly amazing that i am still alive.

From what is being inferred, by these people is totally ridiculous.
Can granite countertops be radioactive?.
Granite countertops, may emit radon at dangerous levels!. :lol: :hyst:

DANGEROUS?. :hyst: :hyst: :wacko: :shock: :confused: :shades: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD0ln4zx ... re=related

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm certainly not concerned about chunks of rock being dangerous, unless they are being hurled through the air of course. :shock:
There are a lot of dangers around the home but the kitchen counter top doens't rank too high on my list. :bang:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Technically, bananas are also radioactive. One of the isotopes of potassium, potassium-40, is radioactive and very tiny amounts are in bananas (since they are a good source of potassium).

Still, all that matters is that bananas also contain a lot of deliciousness. :drool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in Cornwall, we have a real problem with radon gas. The whole County is situated on granite and we frequently get letters about having radon detectors fitted.

Some people have died as a result of living in old Cornish miners granite cottages with very little ventilation...

I can't see a problem with it personally, from any of my 6 eyes...

:wacko:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only danger granite countertops pose is if you get your face slammed into one. Otherwise, you're fine. However, I recently heard a lot of problems with granite as far as being hard to care for, and now contractors are leading more towards quartz.

As far as radioactive, it comes from the ground, there's always a chance of radioactivity. People are so paranoid these days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm pretty sure they're not radioactive cause my uncle works with granite all the time and he's fine. although he does have a third thumb...hmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts