Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2008 mazda tribute and I have been having THE worst time finding anything for my car! At this point I'm looking for a grill, any help? I know that the 2008 tribute grill would be a little different then the escape but how much? some one lend a newbie a hand!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
:D

I think it could have been one about the patio cookery, but the kitchen :confused: :hyst:

I am actually looking at grills now that the warm weather is past and the true deals are upon us for outdoor cooking grills. ;)

Now, :topic:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Barbecue cooking grills? I may have just what you need. But unfortunately they are not " Mazda" grills. These barbecue grills are made exclusively in Japan. The manufacturer is known as ' Icom'.

Sorry if they don't quite fit the bill, for i am doing the best i can. Please don't take offense, for i mean it in a kind way. Just having a bit of fun.

:) :lol: :hyst: :topic: :confused: ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
anybidy found a replacement grill for the 08 escape? Not just the bolt on.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I've seen nothing but the screw on replacements. They aren't bad, but I think for the money, a little ingenuity and time you could have a one of kind grill replacements made at home. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea I dont want to spend $200 for a bolt over that I dont 100% like,, plus as soon as I bought one they would come out wit a replacement!!! But I am just waiting it out until they come out with one!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Well the wire mesh is here, is the billet grill replacement? I haven't seen any for the Escape, Mariner or the Tribute.

·
Registered
327 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Well the wire mesh is here, is the billet grill replacement? I haven't seen any for the Escape, Mariner or the Tribute.
there is mesh and billet bolt overs for the escape on ebay but no replacements that i have found

·
Registered
34 Posts
two words.... gutter guard. Looks exactly the same as the $35 mesh but costs a third of that. Plus you get to go to Lowes, I mean, it doesn't get much better

·
Registered
38 Posts
two words.... gutter guard. Looks exactly the same as the $35 mesh but costs a third of that. Plus you get to go to Lowes, I mean, it doesn't get much better
Do they sell it in chrome??

Also, you would take out the stock grill and put this in place of it right??

TIA,
Sam

·
Registered
34 Posts
it comes in bright silver and probably black. you could paint either one

also, I would put it behind the stock grill, perhaps black out the vertical bars for some interest

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Ryno911 said:
it comes in bright silver and probably black. you could paint either one

also, I would put it behind the stock grill, perhaps black out the vertical bars for some interest
The Tribute has honeycomb grill, so I think the gutter guard is going to go over the grill as is. And I am thinking of painting it black. I'm just thinking I'm tired of the honeycomb thing. I remember first seeing it on the 1979 Firebird Trans AM...

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm thinking about the same thing David, but I get a little worried with overlays because I don't want to be able to see the honeycomb.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I am going to Home Depot and Lowe's today, tomorrow or the next day to see what I can do on the cheap. If the mesh is fine enough you won't see the factory grill behind the overlay. One of my coworkers has an overlay on his Chrysler 300. I could not see the old grill behind the mesh. I'm hoping the overlaying of the gutter guard is just as good on the Tribute. :shrug: :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts