Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been talking about turning in the leased vehicle when the lease is up. We needed to get a replacement vehicle in case we ever needed to evacuate from a real hurricane (as opposed to the tropical storm we just went through).

So it is with much regret that my Escape was traded in. :shock: :cry: :shock: :cry:

We ended up trading in the Escape for a 2008 Chevy Tahoe. It is large enough to fit a small third-world country as well as 5 cats. From what I have seen, I will get similar mileage to the Escape (17 - 19 mpg combined highway/city).

I know how much Dasha likes pics so I have some for you. Don't throw too many rocks!!!! :bag:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not leaving. I like the neighborhood!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i love your tahoe!!! its on my list for my next vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Tahoe's are highly rated, and American made. No problem from me about owning one. Consumers Union used to pan them about reliability. I hope you don't have any issues with yours. ;) Imo, they are the sharpest looking Chevies made today. :cigar:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Wow, that's a beauty!! :thumb: Congrats on your new vehicle!!!! :beer: Glad she makes ya happy!
And I'm super glad you aren't leaving us!!! :yahoo:

·
Registered
62 Posts
cbramsey said:
We ended up trading in the Escape for a 2008 Chevy Tahoe. It is large enough to fit a small third-world country as well as 5 cats. From what I have seen, I will get similar mileage to the Escape (17 - 19 mpg combined highway/city).
Nice ride! We use a Tahoe at work (along with an Explorer), and I do like the way it drives.

However we average 13-15 mpg combined. True we drive it hard and it is governed at 70mph.

Filled it yesterday at a cost of $88 and change. Still, all in all its a good vehicle. Its had the front end replaced and the rear replaced twice (hit by a fire truck :censor: ), but drives like it's brand new.

Hopefully you won't need it to evacuate (but nice to have if you do :yes: )

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Sorry BC. Imo, even if the Camaro were made today, it just isn't a complete looking design. Just some retro styles thrown on a chassis. A fat chassis at that. I am a lover of the Pony cars, but the 67-68 Camaro was a design success :thumb: . The new one? Not so much :stop: .

The "Taco" however is a success and well balanced design. Probably the best Utility on the market :thumb: . Much too big for our needs, and hence why we own a Tribute :yes: .

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The interesting thing is the Tahoe is not the largest Chevy SUV. That honor goes to the Chevy Surburban.

Here is a photo comparison to illustrate.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Me thinks CBramsy is a closet CSI (whatever city its based in) fan, just need some blue/red strobes on the drivers sunvisor :lol:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Squishy said:
But the Camaro isn't being made today. ;-|
They've stopped production already? I thought that they were onto something, especially with the 'Transformers' tie-in. :shrug:

I guess the new 'Challenger' will have to suffice instead. :yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BC,

The Camaro isn't supposed to come out until 2010. Does that clarify things??

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The Camaro was produced up to 2002. The new Camaro in the Transformers movie was a hand-built model (several, actually) to advertise the 2010 revival. Production is supposed to start sometime in mid-2009.

Those upside-down Holden people should just take over all of GM. I love everything they bring over, including the GTO (which did cease production already).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice truck, and I almost got something like it...I almost bought a Black on Black 2006 GMC Envoy Denali, which was loaded to the gills, and was a decent price, but I ended up getting the 'Scape instead, as the wifey decided that she wanted one of them instead.

Best of luck with it!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts