Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
on ebay or other, i saw only full chrome mirror cover, anyone can help me searching something to fit on 08 escape?

thank you very much
frenchcanadian

·
Registered
420 Posts
this is as close as i could get, it shows for an 01-03 and i dont know if the 08 mirrors are different. when i searched pics of the 01-03 mirrors they looked the same. i would contact this company as it appears they have almost what you need

http://www.tfpusa.com/v4/go.gnf?session ... rentPage=1

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for helping mr hammond.

i saw it on ebay too, but unfortunatly the mirror of a 2008 is pretty much different than 2001-2003,
new model begin in 2008. 2009 and 2010 are clossly the same.

thanks again

hope you enjoy your Escape, sounds like a 2005 the one you have.

Frenchcanadian.

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i like like this look!!!

thank you for helping

frenchcanadian

·
Registered
420 Posts
that is sharp lookn..did u find some for ur vehicle?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks jpark, always a pleasure to read you. I've already think about this idea, i'm so desperate on seaching i will use the plan B, or ask truckdaddy to do it for me or ...

so what you think is the best tool to do it clean ?

- cutting
-use a metal saw
- sand paper after?

frenchcanadian

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Thanks!

First, I'd also remove all of the 3M tape from the inside and get a new roll of 3M double-sided black automotive tape.

I'd use a Dremel tool with a fine cutter after you mask the area, and carefully cut it about 1/16" (2mm) below your desired cut line. Then flat-sand the surface to the line with 120-grit sandpaper, and finish it smooth with 600 or 800-grit wet/dry sandpaper.

Wax the entire exterior and the cut surfaces. Since the chrome finish is bonded to the ABS plastic, you shouldn't have any problems with chipping as long as the edge is perfectly smooth. Then clean the inside of the cover with isopropyl alcohol and apply the new 3M tape right to the bottom edge and all along every other edge. This way, you won't have edges exposed with gaps, and the finished edges will look better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.