Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics taken last year on a trip to Tasmania. These were taken before I fitted the bar, lights and tyres.
My apologies to those with slow connections.

Taken on the West Coast.. very sparsely populated area. Wild seas and looking west.. I guess next stop would be the coast of Argentina, as Tasmania is further south then the tip of South Africa.

A plaque at the same spot. Edge of the World. :)

Here's a challenge if ever I saw one.

I gave the car a look at the track...then took the "easy" way around..

This was at the end of the "easy" way around...a river crossing after about 150kms of dirt/gravel road through some very wild country.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a couple more pics:

This is taken near Cockle Bay in Tasmania's south. The road actually ends here and walking is the only way to go from here on.

The Bay of Fires..up on the North East Coast.

Looking over the bay at Bicheno on the east coast where we camped a couple of days.

I couple of the natives taking a nap.

A rainforest area in the south.

I called him "Mr Grumpy".. a Tasmanian Devil (at a wildlife park outside of Bicheno)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Great photos, thanks for sharing. I think of anywhere I'd want to go in the world down under is pretty high on the list, seems to be a beautiful country.

christophera said:
This is the most awesome sign I've read, I wish signs around here were that realistic. :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wow, amazing, whats the weather like in July? Hot, cool ?
We plan on hitting Australia, either before Germany or after Germany.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
megascape said:
Wow, amazing, whats the weather like in July? Hot, cool ?
We plan on hitting Australia, either before Germany or after Germany.
This time of the year it's cool to cold in the south especially, with some snow on the higher mountains. Tasmania's weather is even colder being a lot further south and surrounded by water.

The further north you go the warmer the climate with North Queensland, Northern Territory and northern Western Australia mostly tropical and/or sub tropical. The opposite to you guys... we head north to escape the cold winters :frozen: and south to escape the heat of summer :fan: .

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:taz:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Very cool pics! I love the one of Mr Grumpy :taz: Glad you didn't try the Balfour track. It didn't look to friendly... :shock:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RobtRoma said:
Very cool pics! I love the one of Mr Grumpy :taz: Glad you didn't try the Balfour track. It didn't look to friendly... :shock:
That track is very well known amongst the 4wd'er community..definitely not suitable for soft roaders like the Escape.
Check this vid out...these guys tackle the track in hardcore 4x4s. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Great pictures!!

I live in Coles Bay just south of Bicheno in 'Tassie'.........next time you are planning a trip to 'Gods country' let me know!! (and anyone else for that matter!!).
.......its an absolutely stunning part of Australia......the best time of the year to come is 'anytime'!! :thumb:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vern said:
Great pictures!!

I live in Coles Bay just south of Bicheno in 'Tassie'.........next time you are planning a trip to 'Gods country' let me know!! (and anyone else for that matter!!).
.......its an absolutely stunning part of Australia......the best time of the year to come is 'anytime'!! :thumb:
We try to get over there as often as we can Vern. I'm originally from Hobart and still have plenty of family there. I've travelled all over both in Oz and the rest of the world and Tassie is still up there with the best of them!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I gotta get out more. Fun stuff there. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts