Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Try this, you should already have it at home, as it's quite a useful product..
WATER !!!!
Used regularly on your car, it will reduce the amount of mud, oil etc from dripping onto the drive, as well as leaving your car looking squeaky clean!! ;)

Seriously though, my Father in Law runs his own building company, so I will ask him what he recommends to use to protect the brickwork, and let you know.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I used Thompson's Multi-Surface Waterproofer on our driveway several years ago. A five-gallon drum of it costs around US$50.

I don't know if it's sold in the UK, though.

·
Registered
611 Posts
An old home made concoction of a 25% mix of linseed oil with a 75% of kerosene. But that is rarely used anymore. 1. It's flammable 2. Can contaminate surrounding area. 3. It will darken whatever you seal. 4. Needs to be applied every year. But it does seal and protect.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Daft as it sounds, neat PVA glue is used to seal brickwork by the professionals, as it does the job, dries clear, and is cheap, or invest in a powerwash and detergant, should the need arise to clean the drive ;)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
jpark said:
I used Thompson's Multi-Surface Waterproofer on our driveway several years ago. A five-gallon drum of it costs around US$50.

I don't know if it's sold in the UK, though.
I second the Thompson's. I used it to seal cement block walls on school buildings. Quite effective. :thumb:

I used some mortar sealer that I bought at a local home store on grout, about five years ago. It came in a dark green bottle. The grout has yet to discolor. Sorry, but the brand name is gone from me. And so is the bottle it came in... :wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts