Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to change my HU and I noticed that the factory radio is not centered. It is pushed all the way over to the right side against the trim. Even on the side thats exposed, I don't see the holes to insert the removal tool. Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still need to center the radio. The unit going in has a motorized screen and will hit the trim when it opens and closes. Can the brackets be centered when I take the dash bezel off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you should be able to fix your situation once you're inside there. I just got my escape (for the wife) and it's been a while since I was in a Tribute dash, but I would think you should be able to shim it or something. You'll just have to get in there and see what's what. Maybe you'll see the problem when you take off the bezel. Maybe you'll find an easy way to remedy the situation.

If I remember right, there are a few 'hidden' screws that you'll need to get the bezel off. I seem to remember the ashtray and cubby hole as hidden screw locations. The top part, if I remember right should be held in by clips, and just pop off, but on the bottom part, if something doesnt want to give, check for screws.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts