Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone really take advantage of the headlight delay thing? The feature that leaves your headlights on for x seconds after you shut off the vehicle? I'm thinking of disabling it on my 05 Escape since I can't see where I would really use it.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I used it on my '05 Escape for a few months. Since we park both cars in the garage, and the garage door opener has a light with delay, I disabled it, and I've never used it on that or any car since then. For me, it's just a waste of battery power. I don't even use the automatic headlights, although I'm one of the few people without DRLs that always has headlights on unless it's sunny.

I can see how it would be convenient for people who park in an area that needs lighting when they get out of the car, though.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
My Escape has this option??? :bill:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Fascinating and i am intrigued. Have checked my escape thoroughly, and it definitely does not have this function. :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
It was standard equipment on Limited models.

:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
i enjoy this feature...esp when i get in late at night, and since i dont have garage to park in. so this gives me light to make it to the door and on into the house. so i guess its just what your preference is. i also like the feature where when i hit the unlock button it turns my headlights on too...this is good when i go to leave at night.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
One thing that I DO like about the automatic headlights is that they'll light when I unlock the doors using the remote, but only when it's dark.

Our Fusion doesn't have automatic headlights (or the light sensor), so it lights the headlights every time the doors are unlocked with the remote, even in daylight.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That's the feature that I want! I want my headlights to come on when I unlock my doors!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I can take a hint.

:whistle:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I'll disable it. That feature seems quite limited to those who need light from their car to their front door. Many of us park in our garages or have exterior lights in our houses.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think I have what you are talking about.
I leave my lights on when I get out of the car and they stay on for about 30 seconds, then shut off.

This does come in handy when I have to unlock the downstairs door.

·
Registered
464 Posts
stone said:
Hello Tribby. Sorry to go off topic here. :topic: :) Did you receive many birthday gifts?
Hello Stone... You've now got a new message :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
On my '05, there was an extra optical sensor on the top of the instrument panel, near the base of the driver-side A-pillar. That sensor tells the SJB if it's dark enough to need headlamps.

With the headlamp switch in the AUTO position, the headlamps lighted when I started the 'scape, and they remained lighted for about 15 seconds after I shut off the engine. That time period could be adjusted.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I would love to have those lol

Ever noticed I want a lot for my Escape?? :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If I still had my '05, I'm sure that one morning, I'd go into the garage and find that most of my electrical system had been torn out by someone.

:lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts