Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 01 Escape and I drive often in the dark and on back roads where there are often animals in or near the road..So the more visibility the better..my question is which would be better the stock '01 headlights with an HID kit or the upgrade to '05 headlights and just get standard wattage h11/h7 bulbs (or brighter standard wattage bulbs i.e. Sylvania Silverstars) Just looking for ideas/opinions! Thanks! :yes:

·
Registered
439 Posts
The 05-07 headlights with regular wattage bulbs would help a lot.It's a big diferrence because you have one bulb(01-04) vs 2 bulbs(05-07). I can tell you that because i've done this mod as you can see my sig. pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you add the relay and stuff like I saw on a thread here? Seems pretty complicated as far as the wiring goes...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes I did the relay and all the wiring! If you don't install the relay then the 05 headlights are useless because when you will use the high beam ,the low beam will turn off.The relay will keep the low beam on together with the high beam and that's why you get a whole lot more light!
The wiring seems complicated but trust me it's very easy to do.You just have to follow JPARK's schematics and wire colors on the driver's side harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts