Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks, for taking time to read my post.

I have a 2002 Escape V6 4x4 and the headlights have a tendecy to blink/flicker on several repeated instances, except, when my main headlights are turned on. For example, I can exit the vehicle and the lights start to blink. I can close the door of my vehicle and lights start to blink. I can close the hood and the lights start to blink. In short, any type of motion upon the vehicle triggers the lights to flash.

Also, the ACC relay underhood makes a ticking noise while the headlamps flash or flicker for a two minute interval everytime they flash, despite the headlight switch in the off position and/or alarm engaged or disengaged.

Lastly, as I negated to mention, my hazard lights do not work, but all other exterior lighting works accordingly.

Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the post but I managed to narrow the problem down to loose wiring under the dash and/or a bad electronic flasher unit C2027a or C27027b or the hazard flasher unit. I've come to conclusion because my hazard lights do not work but all other lighting is adequate.

I was wondering if this is a diagram for the location of electronic flasher unit (module)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts