Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 XLT 3.0L and the daytime running lights (aka when the headlights are in the off position or the 2nd position) keep blinking. Only when I turn the switch to the one at the very top by the high beam lights does it stop blinking but its way too bright for during the day and it seems like I'm the only one on the road that has all the front headlights on 100% during the day. If anyone has experienced this with their Escape or knows of any solutions, please help me!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a 2001 Escape XLT V6 4x4, but mine does not have drls. Its possible you have a short in the headlight wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
On 2001-2004 Escapes and Tributes, daytime running lights are controlled by a separate DRL module. The DRL module could be going bad. 2005 and newer models have a DRL option built into every Smart Junction Box, so they do not use a DRL module.

Also, check the wiring near the master cylinder. Early Escapes and Tributes had an ABS wiring recall, and that wiring is near the harness for the headlamps. If any of the wiring looks frayed and/or burned, take your Escape or Tribute to any Ford dealer to find out if it is part of that recall.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same flashing headlight thing in my 2003 Escape. If you are in Canada and are going to buy a new module. Check on-line at some of the US Ford dealerships, they are 1/3 the cost in the US!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts