Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one get access to the heat/ac control module, like to change a bulb or such on a 2006 Escape?

Cant find diagram anywhere and search feature is getting me nothing.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, it's so easy that nobody has ever really posted it here.

The entire center trim panel simply pulls easily away from the instrument panel. It's secured with clips inside the corners.

But before you do this, please remember that the attachment clips on the lower portion of the panel are very sharp, and they will scratch the instrument panel if you don't prevent the center trim panel from touching the instrument panel once you remove it.

There are two #37 or #74 bulbs inside the climate control module on a 2007 or older E/M/T.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer.

I thought it did since most vehicles do, guess I wasnt pulling it enough to get my results :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You're welcome!

And again, watch the clips on the lower corners of the trim panel. Cover them with something to prevent them from scratching the instrument panel.

You'll see what I mean when you remove the trim panel!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I must be a moron. I'm pretty handy for stuff like this. The silver trim piece sits very flush against the console. I can't even get my fingers or anything behind it to work it free. Does the radio have to be removed to gain an edge.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone?... I spent a few minutes trying to pop it off this weekend before i got frustrated and gave up. I don't want to try and pry it out for fear of damaging the bezel or dash itself

·
Registered
436 Posts
The entire center trim panel simply pulls easily away from the instrument panel. It's secured with clips inside the corners.
I'm trying to do this on my '05 Tribute and it seems the trim panel is attached to the upper part of the instrument panel that goes over to the instrument cluster on the Tribute. ( One big plastic piece) I was able to move the vents ,and get my fingers in the corners of the trim panel and it pulls away slightly, but it looks like the trim IS part of the whole panel that goes over the gauge cluster. I too didn't want to break anything.
To be on the safe side, I disconnected the negative battery cable.
What I ended up doing after that was removing the 2 screws holding the panel right about the guage cluster. Once you do this, you can slowly start in one corner and pry the panel free. I started in the upper left by the door. Once all of the panel is free, you will need to disconnect the hazard switch and cig. lighter, then the other electrical connection plugs to pull it far enough away to access the back of the panel. Be sure to watch the clips that they don't scratch the dash. Use masking tape to cover/protect the dash. The bulbs are behind the little blue plastic blades. Twist to pop off and replace the bulb. Reassembly and re-connect battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts