Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've recently noticed when either come to a stop or reaching my destination, a sound coming from the passenger footwell area. Sounds like a small DC motor operating within the heater core (think that's whats down there). It sounds like it's going nuts. Can't describe it on paper really, but almost as if it doesn't know what position it should be in is "hunting" (for lack of a better word). Anyone out there know what I'm talking about? Everything works fine, but I just feel like one day soemthings gonna shutdown from burning out. I have an 08 with about 15k mi.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
My guess is that you have something stuck in the mode door or temperature blend door opening, and the motor is trying to move the door.

Try changing the modes first. If the motor stops in one mode but then stays running when you move it away from that mode, that's probably the problem.

If that doesn't work, try changing the temperature. If the motor stays running when you change it, that's probably the problem.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
It's a pain trying to twist your torso into the correct position to work under there...I'd save this for a warranty repair. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but at this point, I'm not looking to repair anything. I'm just looking to find out if this may be normal. This would be one I def save for the pros (cough cough).

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
escape05xls said:
I dont think a motor going nuts sound is exactly normal.... and you are under warranty so a free check/fix would be a good idea.
I would have it in the shop the first irregular noise that it made, at least as long as it's under warranty... :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.