Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello EC!!!! :peace:

It's being a while, a lot of work. Just wondering around the site, and i need some advise on a new battery for the 'Scape. What would be a nice choice? I have ran out of power twice already listening to the radio while washing and waxing, and I am getting tired of it. So, what you guys suggest? Price is no problem.(@ this time)

Also, so you all can feel it like I did, I had a new front windshield on my already 70,000 miles Escape, a semi on the highway, threw a pebble and nick it, and after the police report, and 2 weeks of waiting for the new windshield to arrive and install, check the BIG snake I got on it.

(Clicky picture)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
If you want a long-lasting battery and have a big budget, get an Optima Yellow Top deep cycle battery.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've been very happy with the Interstate one I purchased. But if you want too play/listen to the radio etc. for a long time. Go with the deep cycle. Again if, $$ is no object at this time...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
A1Capone said:
Hello EC!!!! :peace:

It's being a while, a lot of work. Just wondering around the site, and i need some advise on a new battery for the 'Scape. What would be a nice choice? I have ran out of power twice already listening to the radio while washing and waxing, and I am getting tired of it. So, what you guys suggest? Price is no problem.(@ this time)

Also, so you all can feel it like I did, I had a new front windshield on my already 70,000 miles Escape, a semi on the highway, threw a pebble and nick it, and after the police report, and 2 weeks of waiting for the new windshield to arrive and install, check the BIG snake I got on it.

(Clicky picture)

Nice crack! NOT!

I'd just buy whatever has the most juice in storage. Deep Cycle or not.

Listening to the radio? I'd go for something that plugs into the house and call it good enough.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
That's another way to do it. My Escape has a laptop mount and the battery gets run down frequently, so I have a deep-cycle in there. But for our other cars, I just get the cheapest battery they have and use it until it dies. We get about three years per battery, and the cheapest ones are just around $50. My deep cycle was $250. :shock:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for your advises. The problem with an external radio is, that I live in a TownHouse and there is an area near the park with facilities for washing, but not for vacuum or any electrical outlet. So that is not an option. I will be shopping around for deep cycle batery and keep you posted!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'm thinking rechargeable D-cells and a Boombox will be the ticket. But a deep cycle is good for your situation as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts