Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Guys :)

i am still trying to convince the dealership to add powersunroof and side stepping bars as an option for 2010 escape XLT FWD with no charge....currently the dealer's offer is just base on MSRP and factory incentive 4000 bcks for cash buy...they have a recycle your old car program that gives me $3000 for my honda accord 2001 (with two major accidents rear ends fixed at total 8k (by insurance), and one front fender bender, i didn't fix it coz estimate fix is around 2.5k CAD :( ) not too sure if its a good excuse to get rid of my honda.... what you all think?

nice ride for the 2010 escape during the test drive, i love it :)

come cross this forum, just saying hi to everyone :) nice forum

tony

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Power sunroof is expensive and the step bars is just adding the cherry to the answer "NO" You can probably get the step bars, but not likely the sunroof, let alone both. I think it would be worth to get it cause once you own a ESCAPE youll know why.

PS DO you really need all that?

PSSS :welcome:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, side bars coz my parents are short.... so i guess if i have to bring them along, either i have to bring a stool, or maybe side bar add on for them to easy to climb into the car...

as for the sunroof... not sure, just a really nice feature to have lol, never have a car with sunroof before....

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Sidebars are real easy to add, I'd tell them FINE I can do without the side bars but I MUST HAVE the sunroof! lol Good luck with the negotiations!

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you can afford to get the Escape with a sunroof I would recommend you get it. Ever since I bought a car with a sunroof, Ive wanted a sunroof since. I do use mine quite a bit and open it up whenever I get a chance. To me a sunroof just makes the cabin not feel so crampy, but thats just me ;)

Ohh and good choice with the XLT! Trust me you will be glad you didnt go with the XLS :)P

Ohh and btw!

:pug: :welcome: :pug:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Fight for the sunroof. I will never own another car without one. My wife's Mercedes B200 has a panaramic roof and it is amazing - almost feels convertible like in there. The escape has a nice big sunroof and it opens up the interior something amazing. I would say you NEED it if you are getting the black interior since even the headliner is black, but even with my "camel" leather it is appreciated.

Step bars are a personal thing. I like the look of them, my pants don't like the dirt and salt from them. I think the Escape looks better with them on, but the only reason I have them is because the particular car I wanted had them on it. It was not a deal breaker like a sunroof.

Ford and GM have done "free sunroof" deals the past couple of summers on some models here in Ontario. But, you lose out on some other deal. I say bargain from the MSRP on the vehicle you want. Or, do what I did and get a 1 year old version for $12K less than new - even including incentives.

One thing to remember in BC - The sunroof is big, so make sure you close it in case it rains. It lets a lot of water in. Trust me. :doh:

Unless your parents are as short as my 3 year old, I don't think the steps are necessary. My 7 year old can hop in without using the steps very easily.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx all : )

went back to dealer, found this one in ford inventory,
xls FWD gray, with sunroof, and no leather seat (don't like leather at all, winter time cold, summer time. hot like hell, and the heated seat... what's the use :p )...., 16" wheel rather than the 17" but i get the sync, the sunroof, the cargo management thing,
i sold my damaged honda accord for 3500 bucks, and get the total cost of the car include tax 24300 with dealer incentive of 4000 plus the costco one... 1000,

stupid thing about the incentive, i have to open the whole thing with an open loan with ford so they can give me that 4000, the dealer told me i need to keep this loan.. for 10 days, then pay it off, so in the end i will pay an extra 160 bucks i think for this incentive, but i still saved 3800 bucks for cash purchase... stupid way ford did it, but what hack :)

i will take delivery next thursday.... gona say bye bye to my 9 year old honda :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the new Escape! You will be happy you got the SYNC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
interesting update on this one, so the dealer actually sold out the one they promise me on, they only have units with 17" wheel and sync on and no sunroof :( , :wall: :wall: :wall:

so they told me they will be installing a custom made sunroof for me, so basically, i am getting 17" wheel upgrade, and ditched the convenience package, and the rear cargo package, and get a custom sunroof that will be close automatically when i turn off my engine ... for about 26 bucks less lol, and they let me choose a color, which my wife picked a white one, will take delivery tomorrow :) they also indicated that the custom made sunroof will be the same look with sunshade as the factory installed one, and it will be a lifetime warranty :)

hoho.. so excited now.. :) :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright :) got my new car, :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: takes me almost 4 hours to have all the paper work done X_X

I drove the car up to my old university's parking lots and took some photo :)

it happens there was another black escape there :) so i parked beside it and took two more :) black and white devil :taz: :taz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have to say, i love the white color :) my wife sure did a good choice there :)

we will do a little trip later on next week for the canada day :) will see how this baby work :)

BTW, the sunrooooof is great :) i love it :)

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The white Escape is a real looker. I really don't see a lot of white Escapes around here.
Congrats and may you have many miles of smiles with it! :beer:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
escapeornoescape said:
oh. i didn't buy any body jobs with the dealer

do i really have to do the undercoating?
That's your choice. I live in WA just south of you and I didn't bother. But for some reason my '63 has it. :shrug: It's a personal preference.

Welcome to the City :rockon:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts